Curinos is the leading provider of data, technologies and insights that enable financial institutions to make better, and more profitable, data-driven decisions faster. Born out of the combination of two familiar industry powerhouses, Novantas and Informa’s FBX business, Curinos brings to market a new level of industry expertise across deposits, lending and digital experience solutions and technologies.Job Description
Curinos is looking for a Senior Machine Learning Engineer to work at the intersection of data engineering and data science, to enhance large-scale simulation and constrained optimization systems that operate on big data, and build, train, deploy, and monitor machine learning models.
Our ML Engineers are part of a cross-functional engineering team that shapes the vision and architecture of Curinos’s big data/analytics platform, working with data scientists and data engineers to develop data products and serve predictive models to end user applications that achieve real-world business goals. They are responsible for developing simulation-based what-if scenario engines & constrained optimization, and designing and deploying reliable and scalable ML models. They work closely with passionate technical leaders on challenging distributed systems problems that arise from data processing at the customer level at scale and in near real-time.
Candidates should have the following background, skills, and qualities:
- Analytically driven with a quantitative degree (e.g. Computer Science, Operations Research, Mathematics, Data Science, Economics)
- Scala/Java experience is required
- SQL experience is required
- Python/Spark/Databricks experience is strongly preferred
- Understanding of Big Data is strongly preferred
- Knowledge of constrained optimization is a big plus
- Knowledge of machine learning models is a big plus
- Solid understanding of data structures and algorithms, and software development best practices
- Interest in the FinTech space
- 3+ years of experience is required
- Self-discipline and willingness to learn
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Team player and ability to work well with others in an intellectually challenging environment
Why work at Curinos?
- Competitive benefits, including a range of Financial, Health and Lifestyle benefits to choose from
- Flexible working options, including home working, flexible hours and part time options, depending on the role requirements – please ask!
- Competitive annual leave, floating holidays, volunteering days and a day off for your birthday!
- Learning and development tools to assist with your career development
- Work with industry leading Subject Matter Experts and specialist products
- Regular social events and networking opportunities
- Collaborative, supportive culture, including an active DE&I program
- Employee Assistance Program which provides expert third-party advice on wellbeing, relationships, legal and financial matters, as well as access to counselling services
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't meet all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have relevant skills or experience, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need!
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats, special requirements to access our buildings or adjusted interview formats please contact us at [email protected] and we’ll do everything we can to help.
Inclusivity at Curinos:
We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Curinos is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics.