Senior Machine Learning Engineer, Autonomy - Radar at Rebellion Defense
Rebellion Defense builds mission-focused AI products for the defense and security of the United States, the United Kingdom, and our allies. We are a well capitalized, venture-backed technology company that creates software which transforms data into decision advantage.
Our people are passionate about creating a company where technologists empower our military and civil servants to solve some of the hardest problems in government. Rebellion Defense is driven by our mission — but a set of core values binds us together: we hire by them, operate through them, and uphold them in every decision we make for ourselves and for our customers.
The engineering team is focused on building powerful, automated products that apply artificial intelligence to analyze, secure, and transfer national security data to deliver decision advantage to our customers. Rebellion products are built to transform three critical national security challenges: How can the DoD/MoD better analyze the vast streams of data, better secure critical systems, and better share information across disparate systems to accelerate awareness and decision-making?
This role reports to: Engineering Manager, Aaron Wieczorek
Aaron Wieczorek is a Senior Software Engineering Manager for the Perception Team with expertise in leveraging AI/ML algorithms to improve intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance capabilities. Aaron has lead software and policy development for the United States Digital Service, US Environmental Protection Agency as well as other large government agencies. Aaron's expertise is in transforming and fusing Synthetic Aperture Radar, LiDAR, Thermal, and EO data into trained AI / ML models.How you’ll make a difference in this role:
We are seeking a Senior ML Engineer with remote sensing experience in the Seattle, Washington Office. In this role, you will work on a product team to use state of the art techniques and create new techniques to deliver insights across sensor types. You will also work with other ML engineers to close the gap among products by identifying opportunities for shared models or services. The goal is to provide timely intelligence during strategic Department of Defense missions and their adoption and success will ensure the safety of both civilians and service members.What your mission is:
- Work on and with the product team to identify problem areas where AI/ML is a potential solution
- Build or incorporate SOTA models in focus areas such as object detection, semantic segmentation, and data generation (synthetic data, generative models) across multiple domains, incorporating the geospatial component where applicable
- Build and own the full-stack for the solution provided
- Partner and build shared solutions with Geospatial team members and the broader AI/ML teams for cross-cutting capabilities
- Have an advanced degree in a quantitative field (e.g. computer science, statistics/data science, physics, or math)
- 3+ years of industry experience working with frameworks such as Tensorflow, PyTorch, JAX, or Keras for tasks such as object detection, semantic segmentation, or generative modeling (GANs, Autoencoders) or using those frameworks to deploy models based on the same tasks
- Demonstrate strong experience in Python or GoLang
- Understand and enjoy working with remote sensing technologies and spatial analysis to manipulate, extract, and analyze geospatial data from satellites and aircraft
- Are interested in the current SOTA for generative models such as GANs and Variational Autoencoders
- Are self-directed, detail-oriented, and enjoy figuring out the most important problem to work on
- Own problems end-to-end, and are willing to pick up whatever knowledge you're missing to get the job done
- Prioritize getting the system working, but know when it is right to take on technical debt
The Nature of our Work:
We are driving fast change to an extremely regulated industry. Many of the national security programs that are supported by Rebellion’s products operate in secure environments and access to those spaces and the data in them may require an active personnel security clearance. It is a requirement of this position that you are able to obtain and hold a personnel security clearance at the right level
Our commitment to candidate experience:
- We are a team of advocates for our candidates while building a fair and equitable process.
- Our team empowers our candidates, business partners, and each other through transparency, honesty, and empathy.
- We are committed to hiring a unique and diverse team with the shared vision that Rebellion is the go-to AI suite for national defense and security.
Our Interview Process:
- To start, you’ll have an initial 30 minute conversation with one of our amazing recruiters to learn more about you and your career goals.
- Next, you’ll dive deeper into your background and expertise with the Hiring Manager for 30-45 minutes
- Lastly, you will have the opportunity to meet with members across our team for competency focused interviews covering both technical aspects of the role and our company culture.
What we offer you:
- An opportunity to be a part of something bigger; a mission with real impact
- A chance to be a part of a people-first team
- Robust career growth and advancement opportunities
- A comprehensive range of benefits that are fair, equitable, and competitive that include the following:
- Company-paid, full coverage, inclusive health care (Medical, Dental Vision) for you and your family.
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Annual Vacation Bonus
- Generous Parental Leave
- Stock option grants
- Retirement & Savings Plan with company match
An Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.
Rebellion Defense is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. Rebellion Defense does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with federal, state, and local law.