Senior Information Security Analyst at Sophia Genetics (Boston, MA)
We believe there is a smarter, more data-driven way to make decisions in health. As we pass 1,000,000 genomic profiles analyzed and look to the future of our platform, we are now searching for a Senior Information Security Analyst who will be responsible for protecting SOPHiA GENETICS from cyber threats and support the implementation of the information security strategy. Our SaaS DATA Platform combines deep expertise in life sciences and medical disciplines with mathematical capabilities in data computing.
Our mission is to bring data analytics solutions to market, to support healthcare professionals by maximizing the power of Data-Driven Medicine. SOPHiA GENETICS (NASDAQ: SOPH) combines collective intelligence in Genomics, Radiomics, clinical research data, the DDM - Data-Driven Medicine, we can ensure that the data used to help patients today will also benefit the patients of tomorrow.
We observed that across the healthcare ecosystem, a vast amount of digital healthcare data is being generated, fueled by technologies such as next-generation sequencing ("NGS"). This data holds promise to accelerate our understanding of biology and disease.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
We invite you to join our growing team and use your exceptional skills to help us deliver on our mission of democratizing Data-Driven Medicine. Our products are used by hundreds of healthcare institutions globally and provide world leading capabilities for the analysis of genomic, clinical, and imaging data.
The role is at our NORAM offices- Boston, MA , East Coast Remote or Madison, WI Remote. Relocation preferred.
- The Senior Information Security Analyst is responsible for protecting SOPHiA Genetics from cyber threats and support the implementation of the information security strategy.
- The candidate will be responsible for the implementation of defined security measures, provide expertise on security related subjects and support security operations.
- They will be principally responsible for defining security domain(s) (e.g. Access Control, Cloud Security, etc.), associated risk management and compliance with Security Policies.
- Define, Implement and document security measures related to various domains e.g., Access Control, Vendor Management, Security Controls/Compliance, Risk Assessments
- Is responsible for the control, monitoring and performance of defined security processes and measures
- Support the enhancement of Information Security Policies, their application within its scope.
Security Expertise and Project Management
- Provide security expertise on a defined project, department or scope.
- Assess, prevent and mitigate projects Information Security Risks related to the project. Coordinate defined Information Security projects
- Support Incident and Vulnerability management
- Answer internal security issues and proactively support
- Coordinate external security management (customer requests, external audits, etc.)
- Respond to security alerts and support security systems e.g., IDS, vulnerability scanner
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor in Engineering, Information Technology or Security
- Minimum of 5 years experiences in IT
- Minimum of 3 year in Information Security
Preferred Skills and Experiences
- Administration and safeguarding of IT systems (e.g. Active Directory, Exchange, Azure)
- Process writing, security measures documentation
- Knowledgeable in Information Security Risk Assessment
- Knowledge of security regulation, auditing, security standards, solutions and manufacturers
- Experience working within an information security compliant company (e.g. ISO 27001 or equivalent)
- Expert in one or several of the following domains:
- Penetration testing & audit / systems hardening / vulnerability management / security incident management / secure development / endpoint protection / security monitoring
- Good written and oral communication skill
- Great team-worker; Proactive, rigorous, practical thinker
- Passionate about Information Security
- Able to communicate on information security with pedagogy with other departments
- Outstanding Medical (with Telemedicine), Dental, and Vision Plans with 90% employer contributions!
- Life and AD&D company provided
- Company paid short and long term disability insurance
- Supplemental employee insurance options available for Accident, Critical Illness, Hospital and Legal
- Career opportunities in a fast-growing company with a worldwide reputation
- International and multicultural environment
- Flexible hours, HYBRID work schedules available
- Work with a dynamic and collaborative Global team
- Exchanges and collaborations with experts within the company (AI, genomics, medicine, etc.)
- Passionate colleagues working to make a real different in patient care. Help us change the world!
Location: HYBRID - US, Boston, East Coast US, Madison WI - Onsite 3/5 days
Start: ASAP (or as agreed)
Contract type: permanent full-time
"As committed employer, SOPHiA GENETICS offers everyone the same opportunities to access employment regardless of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability or age. SOPHiA GENETICS strives to develop an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of its employees. All information will be treated confidentially in accordance with the Employment Equity Act
Apply now with your CV and any supporting information. For further information, contact our Senior Talent Acquisition Lead for Executive Recruitment.
Suitably qualified candidates will be invited through an interview and screening process where you will speak with members of our screening team, the hiring leader alongside key colleagues and stakeholder from across the business.