Cohere Health is illuminating healthcare for patients, their doctors, and all those who are important in a patient’s healthcare experience, both in and out of the doctors office. Founded in August, 2019, we are obsessed with eliminating wasteful friction patients and doctors experience in areas that have nothing to do with health and treatment, particularly for diagnoses that require expensive procedures or medications. To that end, we build software that is expressly designed to ensure the appropriate plan of care is understood and expeditiously approved, so that patients and doctors can focus on health, rather than payment or administrative hassles.
Cohere’s health analytics and impact evaluation arm of the Clinical team is responsible for identifying clinical programs to drive adherence to Cohere’s Care Paths (i.e. our model for ensuring provider decisions are aligned with standards of care and that drive optimal outcomes for every patient). When these programs are implemented successfully, we are able to improve patient experience, clinical quality, provider experience, and achieve the value objectives expected of our clients.
At a growing organization, this is a position that offers the ability to make a substantive mark on the company and its partners with exponential growth opportunities.
What you will do:
- Quickly understand Cohere’s clinical content, products, services and clinical programs and how Cohere’s x-functional collaboration and workflow intersect with healthcare providers’ workflow and patients’ care journey.
- Conduct exploratory analysis on claims or other clinical or administrative data assets to understand and define scalable methodologies (such as encounter, episode and care journey) to measure and summarize service utilization, cost, variation and trends, and set benchmarks.
- Statistical modeling to predict quantitative clinical or health outcomes, identify and quantity key predictors or key cohorts associated with meaningfully different outcomes
- QC (e.g., double coding and peer review) of analytics deliverables developed
- write business requirements to convey data, grouper and metrics methodology to the data engineer and product teams to build standard data assets.
- Client focused analysis to investigate potential gaps in utilization and spending against benchmarks
- prepare materials for internal and external facing meetings to disseminate findings and implications.
- Maintain, regular review and update of developed data, grouper and metrics methodology and work with the data engineer team to implement the updates
- Passionate about improving the U.S. healthcare system and helping ensure every patient receives the best care possible.
- Self-starter, able to work independently, able to succeed in a fast-paced, high intensity start-up environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in healthcare analysis (payer, provider, consulting), with demonstrated quantitative analytical skills
- Advanced knowledge of standard medical and clinical data including medical claims, pharmacy, and eligibility data.
- Working knowledge of analytical and programing languages, (e.g. SQL or R, Python or equivalent statistical and analytical softwares) to be able to develop business requirements with high implementation fidelity
- Experience working with R/Python for model development and statistical analysis (such as regression, clustering, linear models, multivariate analysis, predictive modeling)
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, Health Policy, Biostatistics, or Health Economics required.
We can’t wait to learn more about you and meet you at Cohere Health!
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Cohere Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all. To us, it’s personal.