Senior Growth Analyst at Upstart (Remote)
Upstart is a leading AI lending platform partnering with banks and credit unions to expand access to affordable credit. As we transitioned to being a public company, we’re now poised to leverage our domain expertise and revolutionize every aspect of lending and credit risk evaluation. We’ve recently expanded our offerings to include automobile refinancing and we plan to take on more verticals as the business grows.
By leveraging Upstart's AI platform, Upstart-powered banks and credit unions can have higher approval rates and lower loss rates, while simultaneously delivering the exceptional digital-first lending experience their customers demand. Upstart's patent-pending platform is the first to receive a no-action letter from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau related to fair lending. Upstart not only supports a large remote workforce, but also has offices in San Mateo, CA; Columbus, OH; and Austin, TX.
Most Upstarters join us because they connect with our mission of enabling access to effortless credit based on true risk. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Upstart, we’d love to hear from you!
The Growth/Marketing team is in charge of expanding Upstart’s reach to the millions of Americans without access to affordable credit. We think from first principles and are motivated by making a positive impact on people’s financial lives.
The Marketing Analytics team is one of most high visibility teams in the company. You will take on some of the most analytical and strategic problems facing the company today. You’ll drive forecasting, decision analysis, and develop a deep user understanding across several key marketing channels, including direct mail, partnerships, email and digital (which includes social, search, display, podcasts and others).
This is a high visibility role where you will be working with Heads of marketing channels and channel leads. You will closely collaborate with product, machine learning and engineering to drive new initiatives. When you’re not head down in your latest analytics project, you’re discussing growth and funnel opportunities with channel leaders, presenting metrics to top external partners, and presenting findings to our executive team.
You will work cross functionally with multiple teams to release new products and launch new initiatives. You will work on a combination of inquisitive investigative business problems and long term channel and product goals. You will support the product managers and channel leads from a strategic, analytical and data perspective. You will support a high volume of end to end A/B tests from design to measurement. You will work closely with the machine learning team to enhance marketing attribution logics for channels. You will also work with the machine learning team to enhance our targeting strategies and models.
Overall, this role has lots of opportunity to grow as the company and the team grow.
Position Location - This role is available in the following locations: San Mateo, Remote (#LI-REMOTE)
Time Zone Requirements - This team operates on the West Coast time zone.
Travel Requirements - This team has regular on-site collaboration sessions. These occur 1 day per Week, and additional few times a month for important meetings at the San Mateo office. If you need to travel to make these meetups, Upstart will cover all travel related expenses.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Execute on a wide range of end to end analytical problems in different areas in marketing channels. With multiple stakeholders to work with, the team is involved in data driven extremely high impact strategy work
- The goal is to have someone who is technically sound; someone who has the ability to approach business problems in an analytically structured fashion, solve them and then synthesize results and recommendations in a condensed form for leadership to consume
- This role covers the breadth of growth and marketing and hence needs someone who can think of multi and omni channel in a holistic fashion
- You will need to be gutsy and use your analytical and technical skills to solve end to end business problems.
- You’ll have the opportunity to work cross functionally with product, marketing, data engineering, machine learning and analytics to launch new initiatives and do impact analyses for them
- You’ll solve different types of analytics problems covering the breadth of business and marketing analytics in the form of channel incrementally testing, AB testing, product launch impacts, initiative impact measurement, multi touch attribution, multi channel marketing, omni channel marketing, life cycle strategy etc.
- Work closely with channel leads to drive high visibility analytics projects, with topics ranging from channel optimization, spend decisions, targeting, and experiment design
- You’ll also have the opportunity to create and streamline analytical frameworks and processes within and outside the team
What we’re looking for:
- Minimum requirements:
- Comfort working as a “full-stack” senior marketing analyst to scope projects: ability to write and functionalize code, design and run tests, surface and visualize results, monitor outcomes, and present succinct strategies as a result of analyses
- High proficiency in SQL and working knowledge in at least one scripting/statistical language (R, Python preferred)
- Experience working with complex datasets and data models
- Experience in experimental design and measurement
- A/B testing design and measurement experience
- Ability to work in a cross functional role where you are expected to work with multiple stakeholders and leads from different teams (both technical and non technical)
- Logical and structured thinking to handle ambiguous questions with ease and speed
- Ability to communicate findings clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
- 5+ years of experience in analytically-driven roles (analytics, consulting, finance, etc.)
- Preferred qualifications:
- Developer experience in Looker is a strong plus
- Ability to speak to different marketing attribution models and experience working with MTA
- Technical skills in statistics to use in quantitative analyses
What you’ll love:
- Competitive Compensation (base + bonus & equity)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Personal Development and Technology & Ergonomic Budgets
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Clubs and Activities (Game Nights, Fitstarters, Superwomen, Book Club, Investing Club, Money Discussions, Photography Club and Basketball teams)
- Generous vacation policy
- 401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Catered lunches + snacks & drinks
The minimum base pay for this position in Colorado is $87k + bonus + equity + benefits. Base pay may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This information is provided in accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay Act. It is specific to Colorado and may not be applicable to other locations.
Upstart is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to ensuring that underrepresented classes receive better access to affordable credit, and are just as committed to embracing diversity and inclusion in our hiring practices. We celebrate all cultures, backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences, and know that we can only become better together.