Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
About the Role:
We’re looking for a versatile and curious Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) professional who is passionate about the people, processes and technology that enable Opendoor to achieve its mission. Your expertise will drive improvements to security policies, your efforts will empower sound decision making and your interpersonal skills will help foster a risk-aware culture at a time of paramount growth.
As an individual contributor you will report to the GRC Lead within the Office of the CISO. The mission of this role will be to work with stakeholders across different security domains, IT, engineering, compliance and legal to establish security policies, controls and compliance foundations, and robust risk reporting.
Your responsibilities include:
- Owning and maintaining security policies and procedures in support of legal, regulatory and compliance objectives.
- Working cross functionally with legal and compliance to stay updated on developing regulatory concerns and changing IT/security trends.
- Establishing and maintaining control objectives and procedures Owning and maintaining an updated risk register to assist in the prioritization of key risks.
- The ability to articulate risk in terms of business impact and suggest reasonable strategies for mitigation.
- Providing expertise and consulting with the objective of helping the organization manage risk to an acceptable level.
- Establishing and maintaining robust reporting processes that cover a wide range of security topics.
- Conducting periodic risk assessments.
- Providing input into tool selection and opportunities to automate Interacting in both oral and written communications with all levels of staff in matters related to information security and security awareness materials.
- Supporting vendor due-diligence process and help with overall third party risk management efforts.
- Supporting vulnerability management efforts, which include remediation tracking, status reporting and program enhancements.
We're looking for teammates who have:
- A proven track record of success in similar positions or roles.
- Experience with policy development and designing information security controls.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to navigate business and IT challenges with a focus on relationship management.
- A strong understanding of risk management methodologies, frameworks, and principles (e.g. NIST, ISO 27001, ITIL, PCI, CCPA, SOC 2, SOX, etc.)
- The ability to operate in a dynamic environment and handle numerous concurrent projects with urgency and ownership.
- Strong oral and written communication skills along with refined presentation skills and the ability to work with varying levels of management, including senior leadership.
- Experience with Security Best Practices for Cloud Infrastructures.
- Relevant industry certifications (CISA, CISSP, CISM, CRISC, CIA, etc.)
- An understanding of the value of usability and buy-in when it comes to security policy and practices.
- Passion for efficiency.
- An innovative and entrepreneurial spirit.
More About Us:
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Generous parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor Values Openness:
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Read Full Job Description