Senior Forecasting Analyst at Chewy
At Chewy we aim to become the most trusted and convenient online destination for pet parents and our partners – vets and service providers – alike. Our success is measured by the happiness of the people and pets we serve, not simply by the amount of pet supplies we deliver. That’s why we continue to think of outside-the-Chewy-box ways to delight, surprise, and thank our loyal pet lovers. Customer service is not only the key to success in our mission, but also our competitive advantage. To maintain this advantage, we are looking to hire an analytical, driven & customer obsessed Senior Forecasting Analyst for our Chewy Customer Service team. If data crunching, advanced analytics , customer obsession, & planning are part of your DNA, then this could be the right role for you.
The ideal candidate will possess both an analytical background that enables him/her to manage quantitative planning and a demonstrated ability to think broadly and strategically about customer service initiatives. He/she is expected to perform in a dynamic, fast paced environment that requires data-driven decision-making and real time actions.
What You'll Do:
- Develop, maintain and implement forecasting time series models using different techniques (naïve, seasonal naïve, Box-Jenkins, regression, prophet, machine learning, etc.)
- Interface with different stakeholders (merchandising/supply chain/finance/fulfillment) to build a robust and accurate forecasting for current and new CS channels (voice, email, chats, specialty groups, etc)
- Own, create and publish long-term, short-term forecasts and capacity planning
- Design and implement the reporting framework and dashboard for efficient performance
analytics across the network
- Perform ad hoc analyses, bridge forecasting variance, validate data for dashboards, etc.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 3+ years of relevant experience as a forecasting analyst, data analyst or statistical analyst role
- Ability to write efficient custom SQL queries to mine and analyze large, complex data sets
- Experience building and managing models for forecasting, variance analysis, or optimization techniques
- Experience in R/ RStudio/Python/JMP and Tableau
- Intermediate to advanced MS Excel proficiency
- Excellent communication skills
- Master’s Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Business Analytics, or relative quantitative field
- Experience in Capacity Planning, Operations Management or Customer Service
- Some program/product management experience
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact [email protected]