Senior Enterprise Data Architect at Verisk (Remote)
Intelligent compliance. Sustainable progress. A safer world. At 3E we help our clients ensure safety, compliance and sustainability. We provide actionable intelligence and solutions that empower safer, more sustainable products and business processes.Job Description
Verisk 3E is looking for an experienced Enterprise Data Architect to join the team. Although our preference would be for someone to sit locally with the team in Carlsbad, CA, fully remote candidates based in the United States will be considered.
The Senior Enterprise Data Architect plays a key role in aligning our information management and analytics efforts with business goals and needs. This role has the responsibility of solving problems, reducing complexity and cost, improving processes, and managing risk. Our goal is to build an Architectural COE that provides support, review and optimization of our data enterprise initiatives. As a Senior Enterprise Data Architect, you will participate in the architecture and modeling of various data driven products within the business. The Senior Enterprise Data Architect develops, follows and audits policies about data usage, guiding principles, statements of intent about usage, and mechanisms for accountability. Designs data models including enterprise conceptual models, logical data models, physical data models, and application-specific logical data models. Builds Data Catalogs and Inventories of data sources, Master Data or Reference Data, and which data is widely shared. Defines key data, with glossaries, dictionaries, definitions, and applied standards. Designs Metadata and how it should be managed. Creates a Data Lineage solution. Develops a road map for Data Architecture implementation.
- Collaborate, educate, and mentor architects and technical leaders across the firm on modern data architecture practices
- Understand current Client data landscape and define target state data architecture
- Develop and implement a data strategy that defines the capabilities for data acquisition, integration, transformation, data-ops, governance, insights, and consumption of actionable data
- Define and evangelize the adoption of Data Architecture capabilities and standards and build architectural data processes that create repeatable and reusable capabilities to transform how the company collects, curates and consumes data in real time.
- Create strategic, adaptive software architectures and frameworks that expose data to appropriate stakeholders and digital services
- Define, design and document data services, interfaces, and data flows with big picture awareness across the enterprise
- Pragmatically implement data architecture principles, standards, patterns and frameworks using established Enterprise Architecture governance processes
- Align enterprise data architecture with business and technology strategy and roadmaps and effectively communicating to business and technical partners across senior levels of the organization
- Collaborate with business and IT partners and various practice teams to define transitional and target state data architectures
- Collaborate within the enterprise systems and services team to incorporate modernizing data governance, metadata management, and data quality into our architectural approaches and patterns
- 10+ years of data modeling experience working with at least three various types of data models (RDBMS-Oracle/MSSQL, Postgres, NoSQL/Lakehouse/DynamoDB), Open Data Architecture (Apache Iceberg), lakehouse tools (Nessie, Dremio)) and developing solutions for multiple cloud-based data platforms
- 3+ years architecting scalable, highly available, robust, cloud centric technical solutions
- Broad knowledge of Web technologies: languages, frameworks, techniques, industry trends, etc.
- Enterprise-wide awareness of the business and data domains in relation to core business processes and capabilities, and enabling technology platforms
- Applying architectural principles and govern based on established principles
- Strong architecture, critical thinking, and problem-solving abilities, along with an ability to handle ambiguous, and evolving requirements
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels in the company; this includes written and verbal communications as well as visualizations
- Success with delivering architecture in an agile/scrum environment
- Ability to navigate and work effectively across the organization to influence, inspire and lead others around decisions that provide clear positive results to the company
- BA in information systems, computer science or equivalent experience required
- Environmental, Health and Safety, Chemistry or Chemical knowledge, a plus
For more than 30 years the world’s leading companies have trusted 3E to provide the intelligent compliance solutions they need to ensure safety and sustainability—one product, one workplace and one community at a time. Our unmatched Environmental, Health, Safety and Sustainability (EHS&S) and product compliance expertise empowers our clients to improve chemical and workplace safety, product safety and stewardship, supply chain transparency and R&D decision support.
We are deeply committed to serving our more than 5,000 customers worldwide, including nine of the world’s top ten chemical manufacturers, eight of the world’s top ten retailers and seven of the world’s top ten pharmaceutical companies.
Together we are building a safer world and a more sustainable future. Join us!
In March 2022, New Mountain Capital and Endicott Capital acquired our business from Verisk, kicking off the next phase of growth in our 30-year history. Backed by the support and expertise of New Mountain and Endicott, we are now perfectly positioned to grow our business to better serve our valued customers and partners. To learn more, visit www.3eco.com.
3E is an equal opportunity employer
Consumer Privacy Notice
At Verisk 3E, the health and safety of our people is our number one priority. Effective November 15, 2021, and subject to applicable law, all prospective hires for office-based roles or roles that support any of our businesses’ government contracts will be required to demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date or qualify for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement, as a condition of employment. Hired candidates who do not demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, and who have not been approved for a legally required medical or religious accommodation will no longer meet the requirements for employment and their offers of employment will be immediately rescinded, in accordance with applicable law.