Senior Engineering Manager - Customer Identity at Uber
About the Role
As a Senior Engineering Manager at Uber, you will be leading a group of engineers and engineering managers collaborating with product managers, data scientists and other engineering teams to build identity solutions which are used by all Uber users.
What the Candidate Will Do:
- Manage a team of software engineers and one or more engineering managers
- Manage stakeholders across Security, Safety, Compliance, Risk, Privacy, Legal, Ops and Marketing
- Collaborate with Product, Design, UX Researcher and Mobile/Web engineers to define the customer facing features
- Collaborate with multiple product and engineering teams, as well as external partnerships for integration into our platform
- Provide strong technical leadership in security domain with expertise in authentication, authorization, cryptography and application security
- Ensure customer security, privacy and seamless user experience for each product
- Ensure the systems we build are highly reliable and scalable
- Ensure that identified security issues are prioritized and addressed correctly in an appropriate time frame
- Champion best software engineering practices such as continuous integration, delivery, and deployment.
- Mentor other engineers and build a strong culture of quality, handle conflicts well and help build consensus
- 5+ years of experience managing teams of multiple engineering managers and engineers across all levels.
- Track record of managing, recruiting, and retaining strong engineering leadership and engineering talent and growing effective teams.
- Experience working with PMs, designers and/or data scientists and infrastructure teams to identify, prioritize, and solve problems
- Experience with career coaching & development, manage performance & conflicts, influence cross-functional teams
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a computer science or related engineering field (e.g. Information Technology etc.) or equivalent experience which includes hands-on software development experience.
- Experience working with multi-functional, globally distributed teams to coordinate work and deliver solutions that span multiple teams.
- Experience in customer authentication domain with technical hands-on experience in OAuth 2.0, OpenID Connect, SAML, SSO, X.509 and other standard authentication protocols
- Experience with large-scale, distributed systems, including SQL/NoSQL storage, transactional updates, asynchronous processing with message queues like Kafka, logging, system monitoring, and performance tuning.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.