How You’ll Support Our Mission
ESO is transforming healthcare and public safety through integrated product experiences that our Engineering teams create, nurture and evolve. As the Senior Director over ESO’s data platform, you will drive the strategy to broaden and deepen our analytical capabilities across our cloud applications, business intelligence solutions and external industry partners.
ESO’s infrastructure runs primarilyin Azure where IaaS, PaaS and Serverless technologies are employed. You should be familiar with modern DevOps pipelines, event-driven architectures and cloud technologies that support scalable, distributed systems. High throughput data engineering pipelines and autoscaling services supporting analytical reporting capabilities are core to our ecosystem as well.
Technical aptitude is clearly important for this position but above all else, we seek leaders who can truly develop high performing teams. You are expected to lead from the front, with clear vison, direction and communication skills that enable our engineers to do their best work in an environment where teamwork shines.
What You’ll Be Doing
This role reports to the CTO. You can expect to:
· Recruit, hire and retain A+ talent
· Define technical roadmaps for our data platform teams
· Create a scalable program to manage the delivery and governance of ESO’s data products using Data Mesh principles as the conceptual framework
· Participate in budgeting exercises for proposing strategic technology investments and staffing
· Collaborate with engineering and product leadership to accelerate the time to market for features within ESO’s SaaS business intelligence tools
· Ensure transactional cloud applications follow a patterned approach for transforming and loading data for use in analytical systems.
· Manage the delivery of modern cloud infrastructure, ELT pipelines and APIs that enable data sharing between products and business domains
· Drive proof-of-concept and prototyping work to production readiness with high quality, security, and performance standards
· Ensure robust automation recipes are established for Infrastructure as Code / continuous delivery of data engineering, data warehouse and business intelligence solutions
· Coach, mentor and inspire technical contributors and managers that own cross-product solution delivery
Who You Are - the essentials
Some of the things required to be successful in the role:
· 8+ years of experience building, leading and inspiring high-performing Engineering teams
· A track record of adapting delivery strategies and architectures to increase deployment tempo, reduce cycle times and improve product quality metrics within a SaaS platform
· Strong knowledge of analytics, data engineering and data governance patterns and practices
· Experience with Data Warehouse / Data Lake / Data Lakehouse architectures
· Fluency in domain-driven design, microservice architectures and cloud-native recipes for building scalable, maintainable, and observable systems
· Experience with Agile development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, etc.)
· Familiarity with modern DevOps and release management practices
· Ability to inspire and foster an environment of collaborative, creative problem solving
· Excellent interpersonal skills and high emotional intelligence
Who You Are - the desirables
It’s a plus if you have:
· Experience in Healthcare / Public Safety sectors
· Experience with Azure / AWS
· Experience with Snowflake and embedded analytics solutions
Benefits & Perks
ESO offers a comprehensive suite of benefits to promote health and financial security for our employees and their families. For full-time employment you this includes:
- Competitive health plans (medical, dental, & vision insurance)
- PTO (starting at 20 days) & 12 company holidays
- 401(k) with company match
- Telemedicine service provided by ESO
- Savings accounts (FSA, HSA, DCA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Annual health and wellness reimbursement
- Peace of mind benefits such as life insurance, disability insurance, and worksite benefits
- Paid parental leave, new child program, & flexible parental return-to-work options
- Casual office environments and unlimited office snacks and drinks
ESO is a fast-paced, growing data, technology, and research company passionate about improving community health and safety through the power of data. We pioneer innovative, user-friendly software to meet the changing needs of today’s EMS agencies, fire departments, and hospitals. We’re small enough to be nimble and fun, but big enough to be a great place to work. We serve thousands of customers out of our offices across the US, Canada and Northern Ireland.
Are you ready to Make a Difference? At ESO, we believe in bringing your true self to work every single day. If you don’t match all the qualifications on the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway! We are looking for passionate, innovative, and authentic people to help drive our mission.
In the spirit of ESO’s mission to “Improve Community Health and Safety through the Power of Data,” and in accordance with ESO’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, ESO requires all United States (US) employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, regardless of if you work remotely or in office unless a reasonable medical or religious accommodation is requested in a timely manner and approved. This policy will help safeguard the health of our employees and customers, as well as the community at large.
All offers are contingent upon a successful background check and compliance with ESO’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
ESO is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We invite you to consider opportunities at ESO regardless of your gender; gender identity; gender reassignment; age; religion; race; national origin; political affiliation; sexual orientation; disability; veteran status; or other non-merit factor.