As a global multicultural company, we are proud of our inclusive culture which embraces diverse voices, backgrounds, and perspectives. We don't just celebrate our differences, we believe our diversity is what empowers our innovation and success. If this matches your goals and interests, we hope you consider joining our team!
As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently, and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 150,000 today to millions.
We are building our next generation data platform to support our rapid growth and the growth of our data-hungry and highly-networked customers. We must sustain our legacy applications while building new services, and everything will need to connect to the new data infrastructure.
We are adopting new data infrastructure and application patterns, and we seek an experienced Kafka Engineer to help transform our platform and our engineering organization. You will be central to our shift from working with data-at-rest to working with data-in-motion. You will join a team with deep experience with relational and NoSQL databases and contribute your engineering expertise to continuously spark transformation of our people and platform.
What your day could consist of:
- Launch and configure managed Kafka clusters deployed across the world
- Tune and instrument data streaming infrastructure services for production workloads in collaboration with product engineers, other reliability engineering and operations teams
- Advise on event-driven architectural strategies and software patterns to facilitate our transition away from a monolithic code base
- Create data stream enrichment services that transform raw events into refined event models
- Advise engineers in selecting tools for working with event streams
What is needed:
- Experience operating and monitoring a large-scale deployment of Apache Kafka
- Expertise with a JVM language - Java, Kotlin or Scala - and with tuning the JVM for production workloads
- Deep experience with Apache Kafka and its ecosystem, ideally KSQL (now ksqlDB) and Kafka Connect
- Capacity to develop other engineers of different levels and diverse career experience
- Familiarity with at least one "big data" stream processing, analytics, transformation tool or framework like Apache Flink, Apache Spark, Apache Beam, Apache Flume, or Apache Storm.
- Understanding of consensus algorithms like Paxos, Raft and Zookeeper's Zab.
- Database experience in SQL and NoSQL, in particular MySQL
- Experience with AWS
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. You can see more of the details here , but some of our most popular benefits include our comprehensive health and wellness benefits (including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, tele-health and tele-mental health, and access to the Calm app for meditation), open paid time off, generous 401(k) matching with no vesting, a generous stipend to outfit your remote office, and a focus on career growth including access to personal and professional coaching. We take a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion and offer parental leave, career pathing, and support employees' ongoing learning and development through Udemy and access to life coaches via Modern Health. We also offer cool swag.
ActiveCampaign is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, pay, grow and promote no matter of gender, race, color, sexual orientation, religion, age, protected veteran status, physical and mental abilities, or any other identities protected by law.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) strive to foster a diverse inclusive environment by supporting each other, building a strong sense of belonging, and creating opportunities for mentorship and professional growth for their members.
Our core values:
Start with trust
Make the customer a hero
Cultivate inclusion & diversity
Iterate everything, always
Pursue growth with gratitude
Visit here to learn about perks and benefits at ActiveCampaign and see our values in action.