Senior Database Administrator at Definitive Healthcare
Definitive Healthcare is a global healthcare technology company that provides leading intelligence on the healthcare provider market.
We are on an incredibly exciting trajectory and have more than doubled in size in the past 2 years, with over 600 employees. We have been recently honored by multiple surveys as the Best Place to Work and one of the 10 fastest-growing private companies. Our motivated and high-energy workforce is collaborative, kind, and engaged, which has led to exceptional retention rates.
Monocl recently joined the Definitive Healthcare enterprise as well. It empowers life science professionals with the complete global expert solution designed to drive impactful outreach and strategic engagement
This is your chance to be a part of a journey where you can develop a product that will truly affect and transform the life science industry.
The Senior Database Administrator (DBA) will work with technology teams to develop an understanding of data and information needs, identify solutions, and improve the quality of service while providing support through the logical and physical design of databases. The Sr. DBA will be responsible for maintaining the integrity and performance of the company databases and guarantee the data is stored securely and efficiently. The Sr. DBA will also provide strategic guidance of the corporate data warehouse and the corresponding data feeds.
- Install, design, and maintain database system software and implement database security.
- Monitor and analyze database performance and ensure effective and efficient utilization of database systems/processes.
- Maintain database dictionaries and support tools; develop and maintain accurate system documentation.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of strategic, architectural, and tactical plans for the database and data warehouse environments; be conversant with, and cognizant of, the future direction of systems, how that direction impacts the company and how future and current database systems can be exploited for the company’s benefit.
- Provide technical leadership on database systems and solutions. Provide individual mentoring and training on databases and tools. Recommend, test, and evaluate new technologies, software tools, and required skill sets; recommend and implement improvements.
- Set and maintain database standards.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Five or more years of SQL server database experience as Database Administrator (DBA), including experience installing, configuring, designing, patching, archiving, and monitoring to include performance tuning databases with indexing.
- Experience utilizing various high availability (HA) and disaster recovery (DR) options for MS SQL Server.
- Experience with backup/recovery best practices.
- Extensive experience with query tuning and troubleshooting.
- Working knowledge of data encryption techniques and database querying and management tools.
- Microsoft certifications (preferred).
- Experience running and creating SQL Server health assessments reports/SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) report development/experience writing complex SQL Queries.
- Data warehouse design using star-schema and/or snowflake methodologies.
- PowerShell and Power BI development. (preferred)
- Adaptable to change and able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and writing skills.
- Capable of managing multiple projects concurrently while maintaining a high level of attention to detail on each project.
- Manage and prioritize work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Ability to learn new technologies as needed to provide the best solutions to our customers.
- Strong problem analysis skills to include the use of mathematical concepts to validate results.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, disseminate, and present significant amounts of information with an attention to detail and accuracy.
Why we love Definitive, and why you will too!
- Industry leading products
- Work hard, and have fun doing it
- Incredibly fast growth means limitless opportunity
- Flexible and dynamic culture
- Work alongside some of the most talented and dedicated teammates
- Definitive Cares, our community service group, gives all of us a chance to give back
- Competitive benefits package including great healthcare benefits and a 401(k) match
What our Employees are saying about us on Glassdoor:
“Great Work atmosphere, great work life balance, excellent company to work for, amazing top notch product, incredible customer service, lots of tools to help you succeed.”
-Business Development Manager
“Great team. Amazing growth. Employees are treated very well.”
“I have waited 36 years to work at a dream job for a dream company and I am so happy to have finally got there.”
If you don’t fit all of these qualifications, but believe you’re still a great fit, feel free to apply and tell us why in your cover letter.
Definitive Hiring Philosophy
Definitive Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace with equal opportunity for all applicants and teammates. Our goal is to recruit the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other status. If you’re interested in working in a fast growing, exciting working environment – we encourage you to apply!
Your privacy is important to us. Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice which tells you how we use and process your personal information