WHO WE ARE:
Talend, a leader in data integration and data integrity, is changing the way the world makes decisions.
Talend Data Fabric is the only platform that seamlessly combines an extensive range of data integration and governance capabilities to actively manage the health of corporate information. This unified approach is unique and essential to delivering complete, clean, and uncompromised data in real-time to all.
Over 6,500 customers have chosen Talend to run their businesses on healthy data. Talend is consistently recognized as a leader in its field by Forrester and Gartner.
We pride ourselves in our values of Passion, Agility, Team Spirit, and Integrity. Every one of our 1,400 employees brings a certain je ne sais quoi that makes Talend special.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Your work in the Lab will be to use your ML skills to design models for various topics that may range from Auto-ML to time series forecasting, recommendation, classification, etc.
Your work will consist of designing and building models that will help our customers simplify and accelerate their data management and data processing with intelligent tools doing most of their work automatically.
Part of the work will apply to metadata about customers' Talend platform usage and will require good domain knowledge for building ML-based solutions.
Another part of the work will apply directly to our customers' data without knowing their data in advance. In this case, auto-ML like technics and federated learning technics might be required because direct access to customers data is not possible. You'll work with architects so that the solutions can fit in Talend's infrastructure and scale to serve our thousands of customers.
As a data scientist you’ll be responsible for the machine learning models powering these features. You’ll work with product managers and users to refine the requirements for the models, other data scientists to develop and test the models, and software engineers to train and run the models at scale in our production environment.
For each solution, you'll be responsible with the Intelligent Services team for the design of the monitoring system of the models, and for solutions to automatically upgrade the models.
Our data science environments are currently based on Databricks and Kubernetes in AWS, but we might also use managed ML services of Amazon. You’ll be part of the team that determines what tools and technologies to use depending on the use case.
In the next year we expect to:
· Release significant enhancements to our automated anomaly detection based on Bayesian networks technics.
· Develop data fingerprinting models to inform users about duplicated and related data.
· Help users get more value from their data faster with data modeling and analysis recommendations.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
· Fluent in Python
· Good knowledge of several ML libraries
· 3 to 5 years of experience in data science and machine learning
Knowledge in these technologies is a plus:
· Docker and Kubernetes
· AWS Services
· Databricks MLFlow
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- CEO named a 2020 Top Diverse Leader by the National Diversity Council
- 5th consecutive year named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- 3rd consecutive year named as a Leader for Data Quality Solutions in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- Recognized as a Challenger for Enterprise Integration Platform as a Service (iPaaS) in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Data Fabric
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
As a global employer, Talend believes our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We want to look like our customers, and we recruit, develop and retain the most hardworking people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Read Full Job Description