Senior Data Scientist at OneSignal (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 10:40 p.m. (CST) on Tuesday, June 28, 2022
1+ million mobile app developers and marketing teams use OneSignal to send push notifications, in-app messages, emails, and SMS messages. We started as a YCombinator-backed company. Our founders were frustrated with existing push notification tools, so we built our own system. Our customers can design banners, pop-ups, and interstitials without a single line of code.
When you pick up your smartphone, the first thing you will see are push notifications - maybe there’s a breaking news alert, a football game reminder, a promo from your favorite retailer. Whatever it is, chances are the message you are reading was sent using OneSignal. Now we help businesses send over 10 billion push notifications a day.
We have raised a total of $35M from investors including SignalFire, Y Combinator, Rakuten Ventures, and Hubspot. OneSignal customers include Volkswagen, Verizon, Burger King, 7 Eleven, Zynga, Virgin Mobile, KFC, and many more. Join us in scaling the business!
OneSignal has a lot of the great tech startup qualities you'd expect, but we don't stop there. Our massive scale and small team, emphasis on healthy life balance and kindness in all our interactions, and focus on ownership and personal growth make OneSignal a uniquely great place to work.
In a typical month, you’ll support our teams by:
- Wear many different hats at a startup. Provide thought leadership by deriving strategic insights from TB-level data. Evaluate, develop, and build automated tracking of KPIs across the business.
- Model data for analytical purposes. Build visualizations to help teams align around strategic initiatives. Create in-depth analysis and dashboards that will become the source of truth for internal- and external-facing projects.
- Build scalable, product-grade machine learning models to integrate with OneSignal’s product. Help customers optimize their customer engagement strategies with insights from billions of messages
- Work alongside a world-class team in a full-stack data environment, with projects ranging from data extraction, transformation, to feature engineering, machine learning, and exploratory analysis.
- Evaluate ways to increase the efficiency of internal data flows and help bring on new tooling to serve data use cases.
- Work with distributed systems such as Presto (Trino), Airflow, Spark, dbt, and modern analytics tools such as Metabase, Superset, etc.
What you'll bring:
- 5+ years of experience with expertise in Data Science and Data Analytics.
- Strong communications skills to collaborate cross-functionally and manage projects independently.
- Self-driven and curious, not only interested in the data but also the “why” behind it.
- Strong quantitative skills and critical thinking skills, with business outcomes in sight.
- Skilled at querying relational databases (SQL) and visualizing data, with attention to detail.
- Proficiency with Python and data science tools and libraries.
- This role requires work authorization in the US.
Qualities we look for:
- Friendliness and empathy
- Ability to collaborate well on a team
- Can deliver solutions independently
- Love of learning
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on 'protected categories,' we also strive to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place in our workplace.
More Information on OneSignal
OneSignal operates in the Analytics industry. The company is located in San Mateo, CA. OneSignal was founded in 2014. It has 102 total employees. To see all 23 open jobs at OneSignal, click here.
Read Full Job Description