PeerStreet is seeking a Senior Data Scientist to help advance the development and adoption of our technology.
The Lender Experience team works on creating the best origination and funding experience for our lenders. The team builds software that helps both internal and external users manage the loan origination process and track the entire lifecycle of a loan.
The Financial Operations team works on our banking and transactions systems that move hundreds of millions of dollars monthly all while managing the vast complexity, integrations and various reporting needs. These systems handle all purchase, payment, draw, and distribution transactions at PeerStreet and are the foundation for both sides of the marketplace.
The Investor Experience team is responsible for creating a world-class experience for our investors, from initial investment to portfolio management.
The teams include product managers, designers, engineers, quality assurance and data, and we work closely with both our internal stakeholders and our customers to develop innovative solutions.
We are looking for a talented Senior Data Scientist with a strong technical background who is passionate about analyzing large data sets, developing quantitative models and building data driven products. As a member of the data team, your day-to-day will involve close collaboration with Business, Engineering and Product teams.
- Apply your expertise in machine learning tools to build predictive models for pricing assets, fraud detection, tracking market movements and generating market insights
- Define, understand and, test opportunities and factors to improve the product and investment process from the perspective of different market participants
- Robust and production level implementation of models so that it is integrated in PeerStreet’s product offerings
- Document implemented models and key findings
- Design and implement end-to-end data pipelines that also include data profiling and data validation libraries
- Build tools to profile, validate and evaluate data quality for semi-structured data sets
- Develop and maintain high quality, easy to maintain reports using Python and SQL for internal and external stakeholders
- Run ad hoc analysis to answer specific day to day questions or support larger initiatives
- Master’s degree or higher in computer science, statistics, physics or in a related field
- 2+ years of experience with data science techniques and software engineering
- Strong programming experience and technical skills (Python, SQL, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience working with databases and large data sets
- Attention to detail and incredibly strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience developing, managing, and optimizing data architectures and data profilers
- Experience with machine learning techniques, particularly with deep learning, reinforcement learning and natural language processing is a strong plus
- Experience with cloud based data tools and solutions
- Experience with BI systems (Periscope, Looker, etc)
PeerStreet is an award-winning software platform for investing in real estate debt, acting as a two-sided marketplace that serves both investors and private lenders. Much like Amazon and Airbnb have aligned buyers and sellers through their marketplace, PeerStreet does the same, connecting investors with unprecedented access to quality real estate investments and lenders with global, diversified capital sources.
We’re a private financial technology company backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Thomvest, and Felicis Ventures, among others. Founded in 2013, PeerStreet continues to grow at a rapid pace, and has already funded well over $2 billion in loans through our platform. We strive to ensure our best-in-class company culture grows with us by investing in our employees so they can perform at their best. And we walk the walk, with company equity, unlimited PTO, full health coverage, company-wide celebrations (in and out of the office), and more. So join us at our sunny headquarters (remotely) in El Segundo, CA, and help us transform the real estate investing industry—forever and for the better.