Senior Data Scientist at Chewy (Phoenix, AZ)
Chewy’s Supply Chain Transformation team is looking for a highly motivated, goal-oriented, Senior Data Scientist (IV) to join the growing Supply Chain Transformation team in Phoenix, AZ. Combining a background in Supply Chain with a deep understanding of network optimization, you will be at the forefront of optimal decision-making for inventory placement and routing. You will build in house tools and systems working collaboratively with other data scientists, engineers, product managers, and business stakeholders across the company.
What You’ll Do:
- Optimize, simulate, or predict Supply Chain operations, including inventory placement to satisfy customer demand at lowest cost.
- Develop algorithms and scripts for production systems, leveraging SQL, Python, R, and Tableau.
- Become a subject matter expert for Supply Chain data and processes.
- Deep dive big Supply Chain data to explain change, find hidden opportunity, and provide recommendations and automated solutions.
- Partner with Supply Chain’s functional areas (Supply Planning, Network Planning, Demand Planning, and Transportation) to provide insight and promote action.
- Implement process improvement initiatives that drive change to metrics and streamline the Supply Chain.
- Work closely with operations teams and research science teams to identify opportunities to reduce Chewy’s total cost of fulfillment.
What You’ll Need:
- 5+ years’ experience designing optimization and machine learning solutions for large scale applications.
- An advanced degree (MS, PhD, or equivalent experience) in Operations Research, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
- Python mastery, SQL mastery
- Extensive experience working with Linear Programming and other optimization techniques.
- Ability to understand and apply advanced mathematics.
- Ability to translate complex data sets and research into simple business recommendations.
- Ability to work through infrastructure build out and coordinate with IT and BI business partners to drive scalable long term solutions.
- Ability to use collaborative programming tools (Git, Confluence, etc.), and assist and support junior colleague’s usage of those tools.
- Supply Chain, E-commerce, retail, or startup experience is a plus.
- Experience mentoring junior Data Scientists or Analysts.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and deliver results in a dynamic environment.
- Programming in R, Java, and Operational Research background.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact [email protected]