At Definitive Healthcare, our passion is to transform data, analytics and expertise into healthcare commercial intelligence. We help clients uncover the right markets, opportunities and people, so they can shape tomorrow’s healthcare industry. Our SaaS platform creates new paths to commercial success in the healthcare market, so companies can identify where to go next.
Our employees are kind, collaborative, energetic, approachable and driven. On top of that, we value the unique perspectives, backgrounds and voices of our employees. Why? Because their diverse experiences drive new ideas and help us build a better community.
For over 10 years, we’ve built a collaborative culture driven by employees who share a passion for improving the healthcare ecosystem, enjoy giving back to the local community and value diversity and inclusion.
One of the hallmarks of our culture is our commitment to community service. Through the DefinitiveCares program, employees can work with their choice of more than 40 charitable organizations, supporting causes from hunger and homelessness to healthcare, LGBTQ+ issues, racial justice, women’s initiatives and more. 2021 marked the sixth year that we had 100% employee participation in DefinitiveCares.
We also provide a range of opportunities for employees to connect with each other. Employees can join dozens of affinity groups supporting causes such as women’s empowerment, LGBTQ+, Black, indigenous and people of color (BIPOC), disabilities and working parents and many more. Affinity groups often enable greater education companywide through training, events and speaker series.
We’re also a great place to work. For five years in a row, we’ve been recognized by the Boston Business Journal and the Boston Globe as a best place to work in Massachusetts. In 2022, Energage recognized us for Culture Excellence in Compensation & Benefits, Innovation, Great Leadership, Purpose & Value and Work-Life Flexibility!
Think you’d be a good addition to our team? Explore our available positions here. We’d love the chance to get to know you.
Our expansion has created the need for an energetic and motivated Senior Data Scientist to join our team. If you would like to work at a fast-paced company that is experiencing high growth, keep reading!
The Senior Data Scientist will play a vital and important role in product development by leveraging advanced analytic methods to add value to Definitive’s proprietary data assets. The Senior Data Scientist for this opening will focus on designing, developing, and implementing advanced analytics within the product to further the Commercial Strategy goals of our clients.
The SDS will manage and lead multiple strategic product enhancements that provide insights focused on critical issues for our clients. The SDS will define project plans, guide and conduct research and analysis efforts, develop Commercial Strategy analytic framework, and coach and mentor junior data scientists.
In this role, you will:
- Synthesize large amounts of data into discrete stories and assumptions to determine the “so-what” for clients who use our product
- Produce quality scalable analytics with minimal supervision and maintain high client satisfaction through proactive client interaction and engagement
- Build therapeutic area and domain expertise to apply to scalable product solutions and thought leadership initiatives
- Project Manage all aspects of assigned product enhancements including execution of key project activities
- Lead and guide the work plan including oversight of quantitative analysis (e.g. forecasting, estimating) to obtain key insights and findings for the product
- Oversee the work of junior Data Scientists
- Work with senior staff to promote consistent operations, efficient use of resources and knowledge sharing / best practices
- Demonstrate commitment to personal and professional development through trainings and/or unstructured sessions, as well as mentoring junior staff to assist in their growth
- Contribute to the social environment by executing assigned firm-building activities including knowledge management, internal training sessions and assisting with recruiting top talent
- BA/BS in Statistics, Computer Science, or Engineering is required; MS, PhD preferred
- Minimum 10 years of experience in applied Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, or other Data Science methods within life sciences
- Extensive Python, SQL, and Jupyter Notebook experience is required
- Strong working knowledge of SQL in the cloud (Azure preferred, AWS or Google Cloud acceptable)
- Proficiency across various consulting and research methodologies, including the execution of quantitative analysis and analytic modeling/forecasting
- Domain Experience in Commercial Strategy and/or Pricing & Market Access desired
- Strong communication (written and verbal) skills including presentations, meeting/workshop facilitation and business writing
- Excellent project and time management skills with the ability to work with colleagues across the organization
- Highly motivated with a strong work ethic and ability to thrive in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Experienced with all Microsoft Office products is critical, especially PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Outlook
Why we love Definitive, and why you will too!
- Industry leading products
- Work hard, and have fun doing it
- Incredibly fast growth means limitless opportunity
- Flexible and dynamic culture
- Work alongside some of the most talented and dedicated teammates
- Definitive Cares, our community service group, gives all of us a chance to give back
- Competitive benefits package including great healthcare benefits and a 401(k) match
What our Employees are saying about us on Glassdoor:
“Great Work atmosphere, great work life balance, excellent company to work for, amazing top notch product, incredible customer service, lots of tools to help you succeed.”
-Business Development Manager
“Great team. Amazing growth. Employees are treated very well.”
“I have waited 36 years to work at a dream job for a dream company and I am so happy to have finally got there.”
If you don’t fit all of these qualifications, but believe you’re still a great fit, feel free to apply and tell us why in your cover letter.
Definitive Hiring Philosophy
Definitive Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace with equal opportunity for all applicants and teammates. Our goal is to recruit the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other status. If you’re interested in working in a fast growing, exciting working environment – we encourage you to apply!
Your privacy is important to us. Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice which tells you how we use and process your personal information