Senior Data Scientist at Method
Method is a global design and engineering consultancy founded in 1999. We believe that innovation should be meaningful, beautiful and human. We craft practical, powerful digital experiences that improve lives and transform businesses. Our teams [based in New York, Charlotte, Atlanta, London, and remote] work with a wide range of organizations in many industries, including Healthcare, Financial Services, Retail, Automotive, Aviation, and Professional Services.
Your role is to help us build data analytics and predictive models that support various loyalty campaigns for an online grocery store. This includes building statistical solutions in retail and e-commerce while working closely with the Marketing and Finance teams. You will monitor, test & provide prescriptive insights for various loyalty campaigns at scale, conduct ad-hoc analysis, and help with Marketing automation.
- Work with the Lead Data Scientist within a small team using knowledge of data science techniques and statistics to deliver sophisticated projects with a robust commercial approach.
- Collaborate with Marketing & Finance teams to nurture and implement meaningful decisioning for the business across various customer journeys.
- Deliver high quality meaningful data analytics to predict, measure and interpret business trends.
- 2-3 years working in the data science field and applying it to real world commercial problems and with clearly defined and measured business benefits.
- Experience in e-commerce loyalty program and understanding of customer journeys
- Strong background in numerical subjects
- Familiarity with experimentation, A/B testing and other statistical techniques, comfortable with business KPI measures, revenue prediction, sales forecasting (time series, alternative data), marketing analytics (channel & budget optimization, funnel optimization, engagement, loyalty maximization).
- Experience using supervised learning techniques including classification, regression, prediction, forecasting, multivariate analysis, seasonality adjustment.
- Proficiency in key programming and scripting languages (e.g. Python, R, SNOWFLAKE, SQL, et)
- Knowledge of Micro-strategy and distributed computing tools for large data (Snowflake etc.) (desired)
- Experience building or supporting triggered, multi-touch journeys across web, email and app (desired)
- Clear communication skills to translate data science into meaningful insight for the Marketing team.
We look for individuals who are smart, kind and brave. Curious people with a natural ability to think on their feet, learn fast, and develop points-of-view for a constantly changing world find Method an exciting place to work. Our employees are excited to collaborate with dispersed and diverse teams that bring together the best in thinking and making. We champion the ability to listen, and believe that critique and dissonance lead to better outcomes. We believe everyone has the capacity to lead and look for proactive individuals who can take and give direction, lead by example, enjoy the making as much as they do the thinking, especially at senior and leadership levels.
We believe in work/life balance. Seriously. We offer a ton of competitive perks, including:
- Continuing education opportunities
- Flexible PTO and work-from-home policies
- 401K matching
- Health, Dental and Vision benefits, starting on day 1
- Friday company lunches, company outings, along with beer and a lot of snacks
- Health and wellness programs
- Other location specific perks (just ask!)
If Method sounds like the place for you, please submit an application. Also, let us know if you have a presence online with a blog, Twitter, GitHub, Dribbble or other platform.
* For information on how we process your personal data please see Privacy.
* If you are a California resident, more details on how we process your personal information can be found in the CCPA Recruitment Privacy Notice (https://www.globallogic.com/privacy/ccpa-recruitment-privacy-notice/)"