Senior Data Scientist, Product at Moveworks (Peninsula)
The Moveworks Data Science and Engineering team is looking for an experienced and accomplished Senior Product Data Scientist who will help us solve complex data & analytical problems across our various product areas to increase customer engagement and drive more innovation in our product.
As a Sr. Data Scientist at Moveworks, you will be an important member of our Product Data Science team rolling under Data Science and Engineering (DSE) org and will
- Analyze user-behavior data available from different product sources and blend it with other related data to present insights and make personalized recommendations to each customer
- Build more generalized data products which are used by both internal and external stakeholders to make data-informed decisions
- Draft compelling memos, build custom reports, data visualizations, and present your findings to internal and external senior members
We expect you will wear multiple hats on this role: data enthusiast, influencer, effective communicator, product expert, and a team player. You will collaborate closely with data engineers, data scientists, and product managers.
This is a dynamic role that is rapidly evolving and you are ready to apply your experience and passion to seize the opportunities.Who we are:
Moveworks is revolutionizing how companies support their employees — with the first AI platform that makes getting help at work effortless. Using advanced conversational AI built for the enterprise, Moveworks gives employees exactly what they need, from IT support to HR help to policy information. Our platform allows customers like DocuSign, Twitter, Snowflake, Instacart, Coca Cola, and Hearst to move forward on what matters.
Founded in 2016, Moveworks has raised $315 million in funding, at a valuation of $2.1 billion. We’ve been named to the Forbes AI 50 list for three consecutive years, while earning recognition as the Best Chatbot Solution at the 2021 AI Breakthrough Awards. Above all, we’ve built an AI company that puts people first, which is why Built In named Moveworks the #1 Best Place to Work in the Bay Area.
- Be a strategic partner for product, design, and customer success teams
- Through analytics, identify product improvement opportunities to drive additional value and engagement for Moveworks customers
- Lead the creation of metrics to track product / launch performance and proactively communicate findings to help business partners focus on key decisions
- Collaborate with data and analytics engineers to build scalable data pipelines and clean datasets to support key business metrics
- Focus on improving data quality and anomaly detection to increase trust in data
- Develop high impact data artifacts including dashboards, reports, and analytical tools to scale product analysis that leads to higher product impact
- Facilitate information self-service to business users through custom analytical tools
- Deliver effective presentations of findings and recommendations to multiple levels of stakeholders
- You are an experienced and accomplished data scientist with 5+ years of work experience and a solid track record in the product analysis field using advanced analytical concepts and statistical methods including forecasting, prediction, recommendation, and ranking
- You understand the importance of identifying and pursuing the most impactful analysis opportunities and you seek to maximize your own impact
- You have expertise in SQL, programming skills (e.g. Python), visualization, data modeling, ETL, and the data warehousing concepts
- You have familiarity with AWS, JSON, Github, Jupyter Notebooks
- You are enthusiastic about innovating in a fast-paced data science team
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and able to thrive with minimal oversight and process
- You are an effective communicator, you pay attention to the finer details, and you empathize with customers and stakeholder and build meaningful relationships
- You are curious and bring genuine excitement to learn new subject areas and are comfortable to be scrappy as and when needed
- You don’t allow perfect to become the enemy of the good