Atlassian helps teams everywhere change the world, and our software is used by more than half of the Fortune 100 companies, connecting people with content and co-workers they need to get their jobs done, faster. Our products are revolutionizing the software industry and helping teams collaborate and craft the magic that delivers their best work. Think NASA launching the Rover on Mars or Cochlear gifting those born deaf with the ability to hear, your work directly impacts the products they use to advance humanity!
Do you have a passion for crafting products and insights with data and do you love finding the next big 'aha' which changes the way a business thinks about their customers? Would you like to drive real change with global impact at the HQ of the world's hottest SaaS company?
We'd love you to join us!
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join our Product Analytics team. We're seeking someone with strong business instincts, creativity and analytics mastery, who is passionate about applying these skills to build data and analytics foundations that drive smarter product decisions and ultimately, delight our customers.
You'll be part of Atlassian's multi-discipline Agile & DevOps product organization whose mission is to enable our customers to connect every dimension of their work with greater visibility, organization, and impact through our industry-leading Jira Software.
In this role you'll get to:
- Collaborate with analytics and product leaders to identify high impact opportunities for analysis and align analytics & data science priorities with the company strategy and product roadmap
- Design targeted explorations of our seriously big data, in order to understand trends, find opportunities, and make recommendations to improve user journeys and customer value
- Drive the measurement culture and understand the impact our product strategy
- Envision, scope, and execute projects by collaborating with partners, customer research, data engineers and other analysts
- Share your high-quality insights and recommendations to various levels of leadership to drive critical business decisions
- Be part of building an outstanding analytics culture at Atlassian. Leading by example, through education and creation of self-service tools, to make a lasting change in how your partners use data to make decisions
On the first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Proven experience applying your analytics skills to projects which have had a positive impact on company level business and product decisions
- An agile development mentality, appreciating the benefit of constant iteration and improvement
- A very high bar for output quality, balancing "having something now" vs. "perfection in the future"
- Strong ability to communicate, explaining complex concepts to diverse audiences, and crafting compelling stories
- Familiarity working with Product Management, Engineering, Design, Customer Research and Data Engineering teams
- Expertise in data manipulation and statistical programming languages (e.g. SQL, R, Python), and knowledge of cloud data environments (e.g. AWS)
- Experience in using statistics as part of your role (e.g. regressions, A/B tests, forecasting)
- Proficiency in at least one visualization tool (e.g. Tableau, R-Shiny)
- A degree in a quantitative field (e.g. statistics, mathematics, physics, econometrics, or computer science)
It's a bonus, but not required, if you have:
- Previously worked in global teams and high growth companies
- An understanding of the SaaS development, business model and metrics
- Experience in customer and/or product analytics, particularly in delivering outputs that can be used to advance analytics projects across an organization
- Experience in building ETL pipelines using any tools or scripting languages
- Are an active member of the broader analytics and data science community
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Math or Statistics
More about our team
Product Analytics at Atlassian is an exciting, high growth and evolving space. At our core, we drive value for both our customers and the business by understanding how and why our customers use and love our products. We are a collaborative team of high achievers. We love to explore, challenge and have a lot of fun along the way.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .