Senior Data Scientist, Modeling at Hologram, Inc.
Hologram is looking for an experienced data scientist to found our modeling team. Someone with broad experience and interests, who can help us pick the right tools for our business problems, work seamlessly with Engineering and DevOps to put models into production, and bring their experience and judgment to our data infrastructure and the structure of a data science team.What you'll do
- Prototype, productionize, and maintain accurate models of real-world events
- Establish a collaborative, transparent team culture for a future data team
- Identify and prioritize tractable modeling problems to drive the business forward
- Help design highly available data infrastructure to support modeling at scale
- Write data pipelines and queries to deliver on complex BI reporting needs
What should excite you about Hologram
- A different kind of technical challenge. More than just another app, Hologram delivers internet to physical devices on the move all over the world. You won't just be optimizing digital advertising.
- A chance to start something new, and to shape the direction of a new team.
- We’re committed to writing software the right way, using best practices to write high quality code and giving everyone the space and autonomy to do excellent work.
- Transparency all across the company, including salaries, the cap table, and how many dollars are in the bank.
- We collaborate across departments, working directly with engineers, designers and product managers to decide what to build and how it will work.
Helpful skills and experience
- Experience deploying machine learning models to production, including versioning, testing, and continuous improvement.
- Strong knowledge of machine learning or statistical techniques such as classification, clustering, regression, statistical inference, collaborative filtering, and experimental design.
- Excitement to get under the hood, find out how things work, and how to make them better.
- The ability to take broad goals and turn them into specific plans, working through corner cases and obstacles, and exercising judgment along the way.
- You want to understand how the business works and how your work contributes to its success.
- You know where and how you do your best work, and what you need to stay in the zone.
- A talent for moving fast, both in time to first release on a new feature, and on long-running systems code that’s easy to maintain.
- Eagerness to continue to learn and grow, at any stage of your career.
Hologram is a fun, fast-paced, and remote-first team united by our core values of ownership, transparency, and mindfulness. We trust you to do what’s best for our product, customers, and team members and empower you to make the right calls without heavy bureaucracy.
As part of our team, you'll receive:
- Competitive, transparent pay and equity. The salary range for this role is $146,000-$209,000 for an average cost of living city. (For candidates in the highest cost-of-living cities like San Francisco and New York, compensation rises to better meet your costs.)
- Unlimited paid time off and flexible scheduling
- 100% coverage of your medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits (and 80% for your family members!)
- 14 weeks of family leave
- Unlimited books, e-books, and audiobooks for continuous learning
- Generous home office setup stipend
We pride ourselves on celebrating everyone — Hologram is an equal opportunity employer actively working on creating a diverse and inclusive work environment where underrepresented groups can thrive.
Together we’re building something great: a way to help everyone – and everything – stay online and connected.Ready to apply?
If you share our values and our passion for connecting the world, we’d love to review your application! For any needed accommodations during the hiring process, please email [email protected]
Even if you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, please still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.