Senior Data Scientist, IoT at Zscaler
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 4,500 companies and 100 Million threats detected a day.
We work in a fast paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrive on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
Traditional security companies are becoming less relevant as cloud adoption and digital transformation become the norm in every market industry and in every market segmentation. Zscaler has been a leader in Gartner’s MQ for 10 consecutive years and has helped shape the emerging SASE category (a true category creator).
The Internet of Things(IoT) is fast becoming a great platform for bad actors to launch sophisticated attacks. Zscaler, the creator of the Zero Trust Exchange platform is looking for talented engineers to help expand the capabilities of the largest security cloud on the planet to secure and neutralize threats emerging from the Internet of Things. As part of the IoT security team, you’ll employ state-of-the-art ML/AI methods to autonomously identify, classify, and also secure IoT devices by generating effective policies with minimal administrative overheads.
- Consolidate data sources and make them “machine learning ready”
- Work with domain experts and help translate their institutional knowledge into repeatable and scalable models
- Refine features from the underlying data and build pipelines to train and deploy models.
- Perform statistical analysis, run regular A/B tests, and draw conclusions on the impact of new models or changes to existing models.
- Work with engineering teams to implement the models efficiently and at the scale of tens of millions of devices
- Work with product managers to understand and prioritize use cases from the field
- Work with user interface teams to visualize and explain the results of the models in an understandable fashion
- Minimum 4 years of professional work experience as a Data Scientist
- Solid foundation in computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, performance complexity, and implications of computer architecture on software performance (e.g., I/O and memory tuning).
- Minimum 3 years of experience building quality software by writing robust interfaces, considering design principles, applying sound testing practices and working with version control systems (i.e. Git, GitHub).
- Strong SQL and Python skills
- Experience with machine learning techniques like Classification, Clustering, Regression, time-series anomaly detection, etc., and how they apply to various real life scenarios
- Experience with tools like Numpy, Scikit-learn, Pandas, TensorFlow, etc.
- Experience with text analytics and data wrangling/munging
- MS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or related field.
- Ability to learn, evaluate, and adopt new technologies fast.
- Experience applying ML techniques to problems in network analysis, anomaly detection or network security.
- Experience integrating applications and platforms with cloud technologies (i.e. AWS and GCP).
- Experience with big data tools like Hadoop, Spark, BigQuery or equivalent
- Experience with NLP
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
What You Can Expect From Us:
- An environment where you will be working on cutting edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at https://www.zscaler.com.
Zscaler is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.