Reddit is a network of more than 100,000 communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies and passions. Reddit users submit, vote and comment on content, stories and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit and with more than 50 million daily active people, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. We're completely remote friendly and will continue to be after the pandemic. Learn more about how we're evolving Reddit's workforce here.
We are looking for a results-oriented and strategically minded Senior Data Scientist, Product Analytics to work with our International Growth team as Reddit expands its user base to emerging markets. This is a truly zero-to-one role where you will be able to work with Product, Engineering and Design to uncover greenfield and white space opportunities on how to grow Reddit’s presence in emerging markets.
How You’ll Have Impact:
Today the majority of Reddit’s user base lives in the US. Reddit’s mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world, which means we’ll be making a major push to expand our audience internationally. We’ve identified emerging markets as a key opportunity and need you to be a key player in exploring and understanding the key levers to drive growth.
What You’ll Learn:
As a Data Scientist, you will become an expert in improving Reddit’s product-market fit for a global user base. You’ll be pivotal in understanding how emerging market users interact with our product today and how that differs from other audiences. You’ll be a champion to the users through evaluating performance of existing Reddit features for emerging market users, as well as uncovering opportunities for new experiences that are optimized for lower bandwidth internet connections.
You will work side by side with a world-class org of Engineering, Machine Learning, Search, Community Operations, Product Management practitioners who work together to create a variety of capabilities for Reddit to be more successful in its decision-making and product creation. In this process, you will be exposed to a variety of new techniques in experimentation, machine learning, and exploratory analysis.
What You’ll Do:
- Partner cross functionally with Eng and Product leads to help define and execute international growth’s emerging market roadmap and initiatives as well as play a key role in Reddit’s first emerging markets playbook
- Become the expert at understanding user behavior and long-term trends in emerging markets
- Generate data-driven insights that propose next steps in the strategic roadmap including opportunity sizing new initiatives such as alternative onboarding and leveraging new technologies localized to emerging markets
- Design and evaluate A/B tests for product feature experiments to determine the effectiveness of product strategy
- Define team metrics and goals and work with the Data Warehouse team to create ETLs (extract/transform/load) and reporting dashboards
Who You Might Be:
- 6+ years of experience in quantitative analytical roles, preferably for growing at-scale consumer products outside the US
- Proficiency with relational database (e.g., SQL)
- Familiarity with statistical analysis and programming languages (e.g., R / Python)
- Results-oriented with a strong customer and business focus
- Entrepreneurial and self-directed, demonstrated ability to innovate and bias toward action in fast-paced environments.
- Ability to communicate and discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to tackle ambiguous and undefined problems
- Previous experience with emerging market preferred
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected].