In this role, you will lead and contribute to new and ongoing research and development efforts that advance Epsilon's identity match abilities - leveraging data science, machine learning and other disciplines to create new data-driven capabilities for our real-time digital marketing business.
We prioritize analytical thinking, creativity and computer science skills over ad tech industry experience. If using internet-scale data to drive business impact excites you, and you enjoy the kind of research that starts with a blank sheet of paper that turns ideas into a new technological reality, we want to talk to you.
- Lead and individually contribute to data science and machine learning R&D projects
- Use your expertise in data science, machine learning, and computer science to lead research projects and recommend solutions to technology and business problems
- Interview candidates for open positions on our team
- Lead and contribute to projects from early-stage research through development, in consultation with stakeholders
- Provide technology leadership to yield innovative differentiating solutions
- Implement and optimize state-of-the-art algorithms in distributed environments
- Work with our Engineering teams to integrate your solutions into Epsilon PeopleCloud Digital Media Solutions platform
- Develop an understanding of Epsilon PeopleCloud Digital Media Solutions personalization platform and proprietary datasets
- Participate fully in our collaborative approach to research and applications projects
- Ph.D. in a computational, mathematical, engineering, or scientific field
- Fluency in computer programming, data structures, and algorithm design
- Proven analytic and modeling skills; proficient at implementing, and evaluating accurate and scalable solutions to business problems
- Proven ability to lead development projects from conception through deployment
- Proven ability to lead and conduct research projects
- 2+ years of industry experience in a computational area such as data science, computer science, machine learning, artificial intelligence, statistics, or graph algorithms
- Demonstrated proficiency working with business and technical teams to integrate algorithms into product platforms on large datasets
- Ability to gather cross-team project requirements from diverse stakeholders and set expectations for deliverables
- Verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to summarize technically complex information for a non-technical audience
- Organizational, motivational, and interpersonal skills
Additional, But Not Required Skills
- Spark libraries
- Scala programming
- Python programming
- SQL queries
- Experience with distributed computing
- Experience with Hadoop and cloud databases
When you're one of us, you get to run with the best. For decades, we've been helping marketers from the world's top brands personalize experiences for millions of people with our cutting-edge technology, solutions and services. Epsilon's best-in-class identity gives brands a clear, privacy-safe view of their customers, which they can use across our suite of digital media, messaging and loyalty solutions. We process 400+ billion consumer actions each day and hold many patents of proprietary technology, including real-time modeling languages and consumer privacy advancements. Thanks to the work of every employee, Epsilon has been consistently recognized as industry-leading by Forrester, Adweek and the MRC. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with more than 8,000 employees around the world. Check out a few of these resources to learn more about what makes Epsilon so EPIC:
- Culture: https://www.epsilon.com/us/about-us/our-culture-epsilon
- DE&I: https://www.epsilon.com/us/about-us/diversity-equity-inclusion
- CSR: https://www.epsilon.com/us/about-us/corporate-social-responsibility
- Life at Epsilon: https://www.epsilon.com/us/about-us/epic-blog
Great People Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career.
Epsilon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Epsilon's policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on actual or perceived race, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy), marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, religion, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Epsilon also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Epsilon will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.
For San Francisco Bay and Los Angeles Areas: Epsilon will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901-4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Applicants with criminal histories are welcome to apply.