Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
About the Role:
As a senior data scientist on the Homebase data platform team, you will be responsible for building customer-facing data products in partnership with our engineering and product teams. This is a unique opportunity to apply your expertise working with data and algorithms towards building market-leading real estate data products such as rental price estimates, geospatial mappings, comparable home rankings & more. We’re a small team dedicated to moving quickly and your work will be foundational in shaping our data science capabilities for years to come.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will:
- Identify data science methods appropriate to solving business challenges
- Evaluate new data sources to determine which can provide reliable and useful signals
- Partner with engineering and product to bring models from prototype to production
- Establish best practices for rigorous, trusted, reproducible data science work
- Become a domain expert in real estate,
We’re looking for teammates who have:
- 5+ years experience working in data science or research science
- Expertise in causal inference and machine learning modeling
- - Proficiency in SQL and R, Python or a similar programming language
Experience scheduling and operating data processing workflows.
Bonus points if you have worked in:
- Geospatial data processing
- Time series analysis & forecasting
- Real estate or financial services
More About Us:
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Generous parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor Values Openness:
Read Full Job Description