Chewy is seeking a highly motivated, goal-oriented, dedicated Senior Data Scientist to join the growing Supply Chain Analytics team in Dania Beach, FL. Combining a background in Supply Chain with a deep understanding of time series forecasting, econometrics, and data science, you will be a part of a team responsible for developing sophisticated algorithms and models that involve analyzing large amounts of data to forecast demand for all of Chewy. This role will take multiple inputs from different data sources, such as pricing, promotions, and customer behavior, to be able to provide forecasts that drive important business decisions such as purchasing, labor planning, better inventory management, promotional planning, and merchandising decisions. The Supply Chain team operates in a fast-paced environment where every day brings new challenges and new opportunities. You will be responsible for designing and implementing solutions and technologies which will handle the growing business needs and play a key role in redefining what it means to be a world-class Data Science organization.
What you'll do:
- Lead team of data scientists in developing new models and algorithms to help supply chain handle or mitigate effects of uncertainties in mid-range forecasting.
- Develop forecasting models and algorithms which will reduce forecast error and achieve category forecast accuracy targets.
- Partner with business users and other data scientists/engineers to build automated solutions towards demand planning and forecasting initiatives
- Develop models to understand and predict business trends and communicate insights to the cross-functional teams.
- Provide data driven solutions to incorporate pricing and marketing strategies in demand forecasting models.
- Develop scenario management models that will help cross-functional teams make financial decisions based on “what if” demand scenarios.
- Identify and solve for gaps in forecasting or supply chain process to improve company goals
- Position may require travel
What you'll need:
- 5+ years' experience designing time series, econometric, and machine learning solutions for large scale applications.
- Proven track record of developing new algorithms or spear heading major initiatives
- Sagemaker development experience
- Ability to understand and apply advanced mathematics.
- An advanced degree (M.S., Ph.D., or equivalent experience) in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
- Python mastery.
- Extensive experience working with Time Series Models and Econometrics
- Ability to translate complex data sets and research into simple business recommendations.
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to work through infrastructure build-out and coordinate with IT and BI business partners.
- Ability to use collaborative programming tools (Git, Confluence, etc.) and assist and support junior colleague's use of those tools.
- Experience mentoring both junior and experienced data scientists.
- Supply chain experience
- Demand Planning experience
- E-com, Retail, or startup experience is a plus.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact [email protected]