Senior Data Scientist, Forecasting at Chewy
Chewy's Supply Chain Team is seeking a Senior Data Scientist to join the growing Supply Chain Forecasting Analytics team in Dania Beach, FL. Combining a background in Supply Chain with a deep understanding of analytics and data science, you will be a part of a team responsible for strategic forecasting and research initiatives centered around our demand forecasting, operations and planning. This includes retrieving data from different resources and implementing forecasting models to produce accurate predictions and root causing the forecast misses. The Supply Chain team operates in a fast-paced environment where every day brings new challenges and new opportunities. You will be responsible for designing and implementing solutions and technologies which will handle the growing business needs and play a key role in redefining what it means to be a world-class ecommerce organization.
What You'll Do:
- Partner with demand planning, operations, and supply planning to provide best in-class forecast to support mission critical cross functional planning and execution of functional areas including but not limited to Supply Chain, Marketing, and Merchandising.
- Assess, interpret, and analyze the data in development of thorough, accurate, and supportable forecasting models and reporting.
- Leverage statistical models and machine learning tools to scientifically quantify macro changes from marketing, merchandising, and pricing, to answer key growth challenges related to promotional planning, user segmentation, and network planning.
- Develop data driven, insightful end-to-end software solutions using machine learning and optimization methods to answer questions, with a focus on root-causing.
- Enable Chewy management to make informed, data-driven decisions by providing business analyses and building advanced data science models.
- Identify opportunities and potential business problems to create solutions that allow repeatable fully automated analysis, actionable recommendations, and product of the solution.
- Document technical details of your work.
- Drive to Win as a Team – constantly pursing exceptional results that help us win in the stakeholders.
- Respect for Teammates – encouraging diverse identities, backgrounds, talent, and perspectives.
- Collaboration – working with all team members, and across teams, to integrate perspectives and encourage contributions.
- Adaptability – quickly applying feedback and circumstances to team priorities.
What You'll Need:
- An advanced degree (MS or PhD) in Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, or equivalent quantitative fields such as Engineering, Computer Science with a background in both time series and machine learning professional experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in industry at data scientist role/s.
- Experience building production-quality data science models including Classification, Clustering, Regression, and time series techniques and advanced Machine Learning models.
- Solid understanding and experience in database technologies and SQL mastery
- Mastery in Python and environments such as Jupyter/PyCharm/Anaconda
- Proficiency in data visualization tools and/or packages
- Excellent grasp of advanced statistical concepts and methods.
- Ability to understand and apply advanced mathematics.
- Must have hands-on experience with time series analysis.
- Familiarity with the end-to-end data science pipeline and workflow
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to own and deliver projects.
- Ability to see the big picture and the demonstration of strong business intuition.
- Ability to translate complex data sets and research into simple business recommendations.
- Ability to compile information into unified reports.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Ability to use version control and collaborative programming tools (Git, Confluence, etc.)
- Ability to effectively operate both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in object-oriented programming with Python
- Experience in R, PySpark, Spark, Scala, Java, PyTorch, TensorFlow, Docker
- Experience with data visualization tools (Tableau or similar)
- Experience in Advanced Excel, VBA Macros
- Experience with Amazon Web Services tools such as Redshift, Snowflake, SageMaker or other similar platforms
- Experience and application of optimization techniques such as linear programming or meta-heuristics.
- Experience with A/B test design, implementation, and evaluation.
- Experience with deep-learning technologies.
- Experience with own, cross, and competitor product elasticity analysis.
- Experience working in Agile Development model with incrementally changing requirements.
- Self-motivated with strong problem-solving and self-learning skills.
- Flexible with respect to changes in work direction as the project develops.
- Strong advocate of a culture of process and data quality in all development team.
- E-com, Retail or startup experience is a plus.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact [email protected]