Senior Data Scientist, Ecosystem Analytics at Reddit
“The front page of the internet," Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities.
The mission of our newly formed Ecosystem team is to support Reddit’s strategy through the independent evaluation of new initiatives & by being the source of truth of company-level product performance metrics. We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist who would like to join our organization and help build our entire Ecosystem vertical. If you would like to join a thriving new area that is driving the conversation on the most strategic decisions Reddit will take at the executive level over the next months and years, we have a role for you!
How You’ll Have Impact:
You will be the eyes and brain behind getting foundational understanding of how Reddit works, and the expected impact of various different strategic initiatives. You will steer Reddit’s strategy and guide the company’s investment so we can fulfill our mission of bringing a sense of community and belonging to everybody in the world.
What You’ll Learn:
- You will be exposed to the ins and outs of everything that is happening at Reddit, and as a result will learn about every single strategic area that is being created
- You will work directly with leadership and every Data Science team embedded across the organization.
What You’ll Do:
- Be one of the first members of our brand new Ecosystem Pillar at Reddit
- Leverage data to evaluate new strategic initiatives - isolate the correct factors, metrics to monitor and targets
- Create reports and dashboards that will be used for strategic decisions at the most senior levels of the company
- Interact with peers in your team working on Forecasting and Performance reporting, as well as senior Data Scientists, Product, Finance and Business stakeholders across the entire organization
Who You Might Be:
- 3-4 years of experience in Data Science or Analytics function in a tech consumer company
- 1-2 years working in a Tech Strategy / Ecosystem role
- Proficient in SQL
- Experience with product metrics across different areas, new metric definition and target setting
- Experience creating and owning reports in visualization tools (Mode, Tableau, Looker, Power BI, etc)
- Strategic intuition and business sense. Can think creatively about how to use data to answer an ambiguous business / product question.
- Experience with opportunity sizing, target setting
- Experience working with senior cross-functional stakeholders (VP, C-level)
- Self-starter, not afraid of breaking new ground
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected].