Senior Data Scientist, DocSend - Location Flexible at Dropbox (San Francisco, CA or Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:24 p.m. (CST) on Thursday, February 3, 2022
By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
DocSend is looking for a highly analytical Senior Data Scientist to partner closely with our product, marketing, sales, and executive teams to create reporting solutions that drive better decision-making and ultimately help DocSend achieve its goals.
As a member of the DocSend Growth team, you’ll have the unique opportunity to work closely with senior leadership, and impact every team at DocSend. Your mission will be to execute analyses and implement systems that help us better understand our business, identify growth opportunities, and evaluate the success of strategic initiatives.
- Develop a deep understanding of customer journey phases and key business metrics
- Perform analytical deep-dives to analyze problems and opportunities, identify the hypothesis and design & execute experiments
- Inform future experimentation design and roadmaps by performing exploratory analysis to understand user engagement behavior and derive insights
- Identify key trends and build executive-facing dashboards to track the progress of acquisition, monetization, and engagement trends.
- Extract actionable insights through analyzing large, complex, multi-dimensional customer behavior data sets
- Translate complex concepts into implications for the business via excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Understand what matters most and prioritize ruthlessly
- Work with cross-functional teams (including Data Science, Marketing, Product, Engineering, Design, User Research, and senior executives) to rapidly execute and iterate
- Bachelors’ or above in quantitative discipline: Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- 3-5 years experience using analytics/data science to drive key business decisions; examples include business/product/marketing analytics, business intelligence, strategy consulting
- Proven track record of being able to work independently and proactively engage with business stakeholders with minimal direction
- Significant experience with SQL and large unstructured datasets such as Hadoop
- Proficiency in programming/scripting and knowledge of statistical packages like R or Python is a plus
- Deep understanding of statistical analysis, experimentation design, and common analytical techniques like regression, decision trees
- Strong verbal and written communication skills