Senior Data Scientist, Core DS at Moveworks (Peninsula)
Sr. Data Scientist, Core DS
In this two part blog “The future (of Employee Experience) is Converational” (Part 1 — Understanding the language barrier between people and machines, Part 2 — How machines learned the secrets of language, Jing Chen, the engineering leader for conversation engine, discusses a vision for the future of employee experience using Conversational AI.
Through the years, we have built a range of enterprise applications on the foundation of our proprietary conversation engine, to provide users enterprise services through delightful and frictionless natural language interface. Now we are seeking seasoned Data Scientists to help shape the future of conversational AI with data rigor.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in online experimentation, causal inference, and quantitative methods. In addition, hands-on ability to push production code with sound engineering fundamentals would be nice to have.You will collaborate closely with a vibrant cross-functional team (ML engineers, data engineers, designers and product managers).
If you are looking to apply state-of-the-art Data Science techniques to novel products leveraging AI/NLP, we have the opportunity for you.
Who we are:
Moveworks is revolutionizing how companies support their employees — with the first AI platform that makes getting help at work effortless. Using advanced conversational AI built for the enterprise, Moveworks gives employees exactly what they need, from IT support to HR help to policy information. Our platform allows customers like DocuSign, Twitter, Snowflake, Instacart, Coca Cola, and Hearst to move forward on what matters.
Founded in 2016, Moveworks has raised $315 million in funding, at a valuation of $2.1 billion. We’ve been named to the Forbes AI 50 list for three consecutive years, while earning recognition as the Best Chatbot Solution at the 2021 AI Breakthrough Awards. Above all, we’ve built an AI company that puts people first, which is why Built In named Moveworks the #1 Best Place to Work in the Bay Area.
What you will do:
- Apply quantitative methods and curate relevant data sets to address challenges in different components of the chatbot system (ML and conversation systems).
- Develop measurement methodologies and experimentation strategies to ensure effective data-driven decision making.
- Device effective sampling strategies and innovate on distributed tracing technologies in guiding product iterations.
- Develop statistical and machine learning solutions end-to-end through the full life cycle of proof-of-concept, evaluation, deployment and maintenance.
- Collaborate with data and analytics engineers to build scalable data pipelines to support key business metrics.
- Drive projects forward by forming close collaborations with cross-functional partners to reach the end deliverables, such as production-grade models or analyses that shape the technical vision.
Who you are:
- You have advanced degrees in Math/Statistics, Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, Economics, or equivalent practical experience.
- You have 5+ years of experience solving real-world problems using quantitative approaches and machine learning; conversational systems experience is a plus.
- You are well-versed in experimental design, metric definition, and other advanced measurement techniques.
- You have expertise in programming skills (e.g. Python or R), visualization, SQL, data modeling, ETL, and the data warehousing concepts.
- You are comfortable proposing engineering enhancements/changes to drive deeper insights.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and able to thrive with minimal oversight and process.
- You are an effective communicator; and you empathize with customers and stakeholders to build meaningful relationships.
- You are curious and bring genuine excitement to learn new subject areas and are comfortable to be scrappy as and when needed.