Senior Data Scientist, Community at Reddit
“The front page of the internet," Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities.
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to work with our Community Team to drive insights on how our users and moderators interact with our communities across multiple geographies. Your work will help empower the Community Team to take actions to improve Moderator experience and drive a sense of belonging on Reddit. You will partner with other data scientists, engineering teams, PMs, and designers, and your work will help encourage community participation, content creation, discovery, adoption, retention, and growth.
How You’ll Have Impact:
Reddit’s mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world, and you will be pivotal in making that happen. A true sense of community and belonging can only be achieved by increasing moderator satisfaction and better understanding drivers of community adoption and belonging in our platform, and your work will directly contribute to those efforts.
What You’ll Learn:
You will work side by side with some of the best Data Scientists in the world, and will have exposure to everything and anything related to our communities at Reddit. You will also have access to one of the coolest data sets in the world (Reddit’s).
What You’ll Do:
- Conduct exploratory analyses on understanding community patterns to help shape the work the team undertakes
- Identify the signals that can be best leveraged to ensure moderator and community satisfaction
- Define team metrics and goals and make them easily available through ETLs (extract/transform/load) and reporting dashboards
- Communicate findings and co-design strategy with the most senior leaders in our organization
- Automate the discovery of community quality problems and trends to prioritize the most impactful actions and features that will address gaps
Who You Might Be:
- 4+ years of experience in quantitative or data science roles, preferably with a focus on search systems
- Proficiency with relational databases (e.g., SQL)
- Familiarity with statistical analysis and programming languages preferred (e.g., R / Python)
- Results-oriented with a strong customer and business focus
- Entrepreneurial and self-directed, demonstrated ability to innovate and bias toward action in fast-paced environments
- Ability to communicate and discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to tackle ambiguous and undefined problems
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected].