Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the competitive products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2020
- TIME100 Most Influential Companies 2021
- Fortune Best Workplaces in Financial Services & Insurance™ 2021 and Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials™ 2021
We continue to hire Robinhoodies at a rapid pace to drive this journey, and with that growth comes necessary change. We’re seeking culture builders and curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. We’re in build mode, majorly expanding our team while also growing up as a company. Joining now means helping shape our structures and systems, then taking part as we launch into our ambitious future.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!About the role
Insights from data power most decisions at Robinhood. This Data Scientist- Analytics role at Robinhood will work with partners in product, marketing, engineering, finance, design, and compliance to understand and analyze data from all parts of our business to power how our product works and feels. Our company trajectory is defined by the systems, tools, and analytics powered by our exceptional team.Your day-to-day will involve:
- Developing and sharing insights around the key metrics that drive the company and your particular product
- Working with partners to identify the key metrics their product should track and developing and sharing analysis, guidance, reports, and dashboards to successfully track and move these metrics
- Powering quick decisions by answering business questions by querying our vast datasets
- Lead insights to inform paid media and digital experience optimization
- Actively suggesting changes to help our customers and business based on a deep understanding of how people engage in our app.
- Adapting quantitative techniques to solve problems surfaced by multiple perspectives
- Mentoring others as needed to democratize the use of data within the company
- Minimum 4+ years of experience working in marketing analytics, product analytics or product data science acting as the analytics voice in consumer product pods
- BA/BS in behavioral science (economics, psychology, etc) with strong statistical chops or a BA/BS in a quantitative field such as mathematics, statistics, engineering, or natural sciences (or equivalent experience) with a strong curiosity about human behavior
- Excellent programming skills, including expert level familiarity with either Python (numpy, scipy, pandas) or R programming languages
- Expert level SQL skills
- Solid understanding of statistical analysis
- Experience communicating data driven insights
- The ability to use data to inform, persuade, and lead
- Passion for working and learning in a fast-growing company
- Strong customer empathy
- Experience in MarTech or AdTech
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood's benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).