ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.Job Description
What you get to do in this role:
Manage a team of 4-6 Data Scientists as they create Machine Learning models that drive our growth across all products. Interact with stakeholders in departments across the company, identify opportunities for Data Science to enhance our business, match the optimal machine learning techniques to the specific business need, and then build the models that get the job done. This is an opportunity for the right candidate to go from end-to-end in the process, from recognizing a problem to implementing the solution, and integrating it with the business teams. You and your team will:
- Solicit requirements for Data Science models, including what data they will use and how the company will use them after they are built
- Define the variables and their structure, and extract the data from our data warehouse and/or guide specialists to do so
- Build predictive models that are accurate, robust, and informative in ways that help our business grow even faster
- Teach our business teams what the models do, what the results mean, and how they improve decision-making
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- An advanced degree in Data Science, Machine Learning, Statistics, or Artificial Intelligence
- Successful project experience in Data Science in an Enterprise setting, and extensive use of methods like: regression, decision trees , random forests, GBMs, Bayesian methods, neural networks/deep learning, support vector machines, recommendation engines, k-nearest neighbor, NLP, Business Process Mining or HMM
- Four or more years of experience in building predictive models, defining variables, variable selection, and measuring model quality
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously, scopes projects, realistically estimates work and drive stakeholder/end-user alignment
- Experience in model explainability, delivering model explanation/reason codes along with predictions/recommendations
- Two or more years managing a team of Data Scientists
- Expertise with scripting in R, SAS, Python, or similar tools
- Experience in manipulating large datasets and using databases, performing SQL queries
- Experience with Azure ML, Azure Data Lake, and/or Databricks
- Special consideration for applicants experienced in:
- Driver/impact analysis
- Model validation
- Software product usage data
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.