Alteryx is searching for a Senior Data Quality Analyst in the United States (REMOTE is an option).
The Senior Data Quality Analyst is responsible for proactively monitoring, measuring, analyzing, executing, tracking, and reporting on data quality issues. This role will be on point to ensure the quality and integrity of Golden Records in the Master Data Management Repository as well as Business Operations data in disparate source systems across the Enterprise. You will closely interact with Business Data Stewards to resolve data quality problems using techniques such as root cause analysis as well as collecting user requirements. You will be part of an innovative and groundbreaking Data Services Management group that is primarily responsible for driving end to end architecture and design of our data management platform and continuous improvement for a world class analytics company. You will be working closely with Stakeholders from all areas of the Business, Enterprise Applications and IT teams, Business Data Stewards, Product Managers and Data Analytics teams to develop, deliver and provide data quality as a service for the Enterprise.
- Undertake and conduct Data Quality Management activities including identification and resolution of data quality problems, ongoing monitoring and reporting on data quality assurance and production performance metrics
- Be first point of contact and first line of support for Business Data Stewards to address data quality concerns in source systems for Business Operations data as well as data residing in the MDM Repository
- Develop data quality standards, design data quality measures, evaluate quality of data against data quality baseline, and perform regular data quality audits to measure improvements in quality of data over time
- Identify, assess, monitor, document, and communicate potential quality issues in the way data is collected, stored, processed, or used
- Determine root cause for data quality errors, conduct business impact analyses of data quality issues and make recommendations for long-term solution(s)
- Research and determine scope and complexity of data quality issue(s), identify steps to fix issue(s) and ultimately develop and execute data clean-up measures
- Ensure compliance with both external and internal requirements and standards, including data privacy, GDPR, CCPA, and other legal compliance, as well as adherence to internal audit and data management life cycle requirements
- Analyze, query, and manipulate data according to defined business rules and procedures
- Work with other team members to build/modify processes/programs/systems while developing process improvements to enhance overall data quality
- Translate business requirements to technical specifications for execution by Business Data Stewards, Integration and Engineering teams
- Work within agile development environment to estimate, prioritize, and execute on data quality improvement projects
- Provide data quality advisory services, data quality training and presentations
- Extreme focus on detail and delivering value to the business.
- Deep interest in data management and analytics with ability to constantly evaluate new ways to enhance the information system through improved data quality
- Deep experience in all aspects of data quality management including a full end to end data quality implementation
- Demonstrated experience and hands-on expertise in Data Quality skills and techniques inclusive of the following:
- data profiling, data discovery, data querying, data manipulation and enhancement to correct common data issues using SQL and other tools
- data quality rules definition and automation
- data quality measurement and metric generation, with aggregation into data quality baseline and improvement performance indicators
- data quality root cause analysis, cost benefit analysis and ROI discovery
- Proven understanding of Data Management, Master Data Management and Data Governance principles / models
- 3+ years of data management / data governance / master data management
- 5+ years of data analysis and data quality management experience
- Project management experience leveraging Agile methodologies and tools
- Ability to work cross-functionally and with geographically distributed teams
- Strong relationship management and influencing skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation experience
- Experience with at least one RDBMS and/or cloud data warehouse solution (Amazon Redshift, Google Big Query, Azure Datawarehouse, Snowflake)
- Usage of data quality, integrations/MDM tools (Informatica, SAS, Collibra, Boomi)
- Experience with Alteryx platform preferred, but not required
- BA/BS degree in Information Science, Data Analytics, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related technical field
Alteryx is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The salary range for this role in Irvine, CA is $97,300 - $165,400. Compensation will ultimately be in line with the location in which the position is filled. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location.
This role is eligible for variable compensation including bonus and stock grants.
Find yourself checking a lot of these boxes but doubting whether you should apply? At Alteryx, we support a growth mindset for our associates through all stages of their careers. If you meet some of the requirements and you share our values, we encourage you to apply. As part of our ongoing commitment to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace, we're invested in building teams with a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, and experiences.
Benefits & Perks:
Alteryx has amazing benefits for all Associates which can be viewed here.