Senior Data Quality Analyst at First San Francisco Partners (Remote)
First San Francisco Partners (FSFP) is a leading business advisory and information management consultancy dedicated to helping organizations leverage their data to improve strategic decision-making, reduce risk, create operational efficiencies and fuel unprecedented business success. Our consulting services include data management, data governance, Collibra (data governance and data quality software) implementation/adoption, data architecture, data quality, master and reference data management, metadata management and data privacy.
Kelle O’Neal founded the company in 2007 and is its Chief Executive Officer. FSFP’s leading position and strong reputation in our industry is because of our experienced senior leaders and dedicated consultants, business analysts and sales, administrative and marketing staff.
FSFP serves clients throughout the U.S., including large consumer brands, notable financial institutions and other organizations who want to make their information (data) actionable.
FSFP’s culture is centered on teamwork and a shared passion for what we do. We believe in treating clients (and one another) with respect and delivering measurable results for clients. Our FIRST values (Focus, Integrity, Resourcefulness, Skillfulness and Teamwork) guide our interactions.
Are you an experienced data governance professional looking to elevate your career to the next level? Do you want to work with leading edge consultants in a dynamic, rapidly growing company? Would you welcome the opportunity to apply your data management knowledge and leverage innovative technologies to creatively solve key data challenges for today’s leading businesses? Do you thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative and rapidly evolving work environment?
We have an immediate opening for a Sr. Data Quality Analyst who will manage and drive the development of business requirements, data requirements, and functional specifications for Data Quality Management projects, throughout the development life cycle from planning, initial analysis, and design all the way through to implementation and user acceptance. They will provide training on business and technology areas in the use of Data Quality Management Solutions.
What You'll be Doing:
- Leads, partners, and/or participates in divisional as well as organization business and technology strategic and tactical planning activities.
- Operates as a strategic partner with IT to influence the design, alignment, and implementation of technical standards to address appropriate business solutions.
- Designs, implements, monitors, and reports on Data Quality Management Program progress and performance measurement metrics (including Data Management Maturity Model progress)
- Maintains awareness of current developments and emerging trends within the industry and recommends strategic as well as tactically impactful Data Quality Management solutions for business and technology areas, in coordination with the enterprise Data Governance function
- Assists clients with evaluating potential Data Quality Management Solutions, including articulating functional requirements, providing industry expertise, and participating in evaluation processes.
- Capable of profiling source data to provide understanding of the source data to assist business users in refining information requirements.
- Able to relate source data to business information so that the implications of source data structures can be explained to business users in business terms.
- Capable of analyzing data to detect possible data quality exceptions, and ability to effectively communicate these issues to business users.
- Ability to work with business users in Data Issue Management around detected Data Quality problems; especially assisting the drive towards root cause solutions.
- Able to understand and use conceptual, logical, and physical data models
- Able to capture metrics about data environments, such as frequency of different types of data quality issues, and to report effectively on these to business and IT stakeholders.
- Able to assist with development of technical requirements for data integration and change data capture for Data Quality Solutions.
- Is able to conduct manual Data Quality analysis when no formal DQ tool is included in project.
- Can identify root causes of data quality issues.
What You Should Have:
- 5 years of experience working in a data analyst or closely related data-centric role.
- Very proficient in SQL, and variants (e.g. in different platforms).
- Understanding of relational database concepts, such as referential integrity.
- Ability to work with stored procedures.
- Good understanding of, and ability to utilize, technical metadata present in database platforms.
- Ability to read, understand and contribute to data models.
- Understanding of common data services, especially ETL, backup, restore, role-based security.
- Familiarity with types of data quality issues, and approaches to their resolution.
- Experience with common data analyst support tools (e.g. TOAD, SQL Navigator).
- Experience with data mapping (Source to Target mapping).
- Familiarity with data management concepts such as Data Governance, Metadata Management, Master Data Management.
- Excellent communication skills, presentation and interpersonal skills are required.
- A demonstrated track record of making a difference and adding value.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to think creatively, is highly-driven and self-motivated.
- Ability to collaborate with a team as needed, as well as to work independently.
- Ability to work and adjust to changing deadlines.
- Can demonstrate creative problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to develop relationships across the organization, working cross- functionally to get results.
- Ability to present complex information in a simplified fashion to facilitate understanding.
- Can effectively manipulate and analyze large amounts of data.
- Proficient with MS Office products.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, CIS or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with Data Profiling tools and Data Quality tools, although purely manual techniques may be used in any given assignment.
- Familiarity with Metadata Repository tools is also a definite plus.
- Available during client business hours, and able to participate in video meetings with a professional backdrop.
- Ability to travel up to 50% if needed. (This is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
- Candidate must be able to work remotely.
Note: FSFP is an equal opportunity employer with competitive salary and benefits packages.