Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
The entire group provides reporting and analytics for all MPP Clients that have an end-to-end relationship across the Revenue Cycle (e.g., Patient Access, HIM/Middle Revenue, Billing/Collections). Partnering with counterparts in Data Acquisition who pull data from Clients and create data models and logic with Engineering counterparts to feed both contractually obligated reporting in the Service Level Agreements (SLA) with the Client as well as Operational reporting that helps internal Optum teams in these area make some data driven decisions on what is happening in each of the Revenue Cycle areas, e.g., meeting targets/goals being met, areas of opportunity and improvement, etc.
This individual will support revenue cycle reporting and analytics, giving our transformation and operations team the insight needed to drive performance improvements, resulting in budgeted SLA achievement and client satisfaction.
You will be a part of a team of multiple departments and specialties on long term projects for the betterment of healthcare providers in financial strain. Helping to support Optum partnerships for continued corporate growth.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Independently creating, optimizing, automating SQL queries to support revenue cycle reporting needs
- Effectively communicate findings and root cause analysis to support operation and financial decisions
- Assist in designing and modeling datasets for reporting and visualization
- Utilize data from myriad of sources to support performance measurement baselining and trending
- Analyzing datasets and communicating observations
- Collaborate with team members to identify and prioritize/reprioritize work to meet aggressive deadlines
- Effective at working at both a data detail level and a strategic thinking level
- Collaborative and works cohesively in dynamic team environment
- Seek opportunities to improve operating efficiencies/effectiveness (e.g., downstream impacts, role/responsibility realignment, enhanced business value)
- Gather information needed for the definition of requirements (e.g., business use cases, user stories)
- Collaborate with project team members to create detailed requirements documents
- Facilitate all needed requirements gathering activities (e.g., meetings, workshops)
- Identify capability gaps between current state and desired state (e.g., data gaps, system cap, etc.)
- Collaborate with technology stakeholders (e.g., System Analysts, architects) to communicate business and technical requirements
- Ensure that project requirements are clearly and comprehensively documented and understood
- Communicate ongoing updates to all stakeholders to ensure understanding of and alignment with project status/changes
- Manage/update requirements documents as needed throughout the design/development process (e.g., document revisions, change requests)
- Contribute to and/or facilitate the identification/prioritization of business/process solutions (e
- Identify and/or establish appropriate testing metrics/targets to validate that business requirements are being met (e.g., performance metrics, process deliverables, business value)
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years of experience in healthcare revenue cycle management
- 1+ year of experience working in a data analytics or reporting role
- Beginner level of proficiency in SQL
- Understanding of key revenue cycle metrics/performance indicators and calculations
- Intermediate level in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Proven data mining and processing, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Proven ability to troubleshoot data integrity issues, analyzes data for completeness to meet business needs, and proposes documented solution recommendations
- Proven ability to provide AdHoc analytical support to operations and other internal teams for ongoing revenue cycle initiatives
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Healthcare
- 3+ years of experience working in a data analytics or reporting role
- Experience with both acute and ambulatory data, data modeling, analytics and reporting
- Knowledge of multiple healthcare systems: Epic, Cerner, Meditech, MS4 (AS400) etc.
- Proven ability to facilitate constructive dialogue and effective problem-solving approaches
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island or Washington residents is $67,800 to $133,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you'll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.