Senior Data Management Consultant at FIS (Orlando, FL)
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the Team:
The Prophet Data Management Platform enables businesses to transform data into easily consumable formats for use in business intelligence or corporate databases. The mapping process supports the inclusion of process information alongside the reporting data for more transparent governance. The data mappings and data schema can be adapted to meet the changing needs of the business.
What you will be doing
- Work with clients in developing implementation strategies for integration of FIS solution sets into client environments
- Provide coaching and mentorship to FIS implementation teams in data centric delivery projects
- Partner with cross functional teams such as business operations, core product development, architecture to provide end to end solutions for our clients
- Work with clients to articulate the value proposition of our Data Management Platform and Information Management Professional Services Solutions
- Provide system architecture support for our Solutions in data centric delivery projects
- Partner with Product Management to build out further capabilities to support data platforms capabilities and standardized reporting templates
- Design data migration architectures
- Monitor & report on standards & performance targets.
- Liaise and attend meetings with other organizational functions necessary to perform duties and aid business and organizational development
- Project Planning and Scope Analysis and design document
- Mapping of Business Requirements to information management and technical solutions
- Data Modelling/ Conceptual Data Model/ Logical Data Model/ Physical Data Model
- Conceptual solution visualization
- Draft target information management architectures
- Provide technical support to the sales process:
- RFI / RFP response
- Requirements analysis
- Conceptual solution visualization
- High-level resource estimation
- Implementation planning
Bachelor's degree in computer science or information systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Excellent communication skills, written skills, client facing skills and Insurance knowledge
• Minimum 8 year of experience in Data modelling, Big Data, Data warehousing, BI Reports and Dashboards
• Good consulting experience in mandatory.
• Basic programming background.
• Technology skills (Microsoft Active Directory, AWS, PowerShell, XML)
• Excellent MSSQL Server knowhow
• Excellent SQL, T-SQL understanding and knowhow
• Insurance knowledge (actuarial/trust) is a plus.
• In-depth knowledge of FIS products and services and financial services industry• Advanced knowledge of multiple end-to-end systems development life cycles, i.e., waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development and conversion methodologies• Advanced knowledge of the tools, techniques and principles used in application development in objective-oriented development or other relevant technology• Knowledge of application architecture• Proficiency in business modeling and requirements definition disciplines through Unified Modeling Language (UML), use cases, etc.• Proficiency in quality management methods, tools and technologies• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors• Willingly shares relevant technical and/or industry knowledge and expertise to other resources• Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, interpersonal, team, negotiation, conflict management and time management skills• Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure the project is successfully completed
What we offer you
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities -FISis your final career step!
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
***This role involves some travel***
All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 on or before December 31, 2021. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.