The Actuarial Data Management team works collaboratively with our internal customers to deliver in all aspects of data, reporting, and analytics. Under minimal supervision, the Senior Data Management Analyst develops and standardizes Management Information Reports to perform analysis identifying sources of reporting trends and data quality issues. Demonstrates deep knowledge of statistical and financial reporting processes and procedures. Researches and assists in resolutions and reconciles information with financial results where appropriate. Investigates data anomalies, segment reporting issues, and regulatory reporting issues to ensure accurate and timely distribution of reports and regulatory submissions. Tests, documents, and reviews completed reports to ensure proper Data and Analytics standards and procedures are met.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Work with leadership to drive accountability for data integrity by establishing the necessary processes and controls around the flow of data from policy and/or claim systems through financial and statistical reporting systems to ensure accurate management information reporting and statistical reporting to regulatory boards and bureaus
2. Collaborate with Actuarial Pricing, Reserving and Analytics areas to develop data mappings and translation for policy and claim data in support of analytics projects and development of predictive models
3. Independently identify and investigate issues related to projects. Recommend alternatives which include system identification, remediation of issues, and documentation of analysis and resolution
4. Prepare, analyze, and review data quality and accuracy of MIS reports which includes system and data reconciliations
5. Participate in the development of presentations, report layouts, definitions and documentation
6 May perform additional reconciliations and maintenance of various ad hoc reports to improve the efficiency of distribution and Management Information Systems related processes
7. Will be aggregating and developing Data sets for broader usage.
Director, Data Management or above
Skills Knowledge and Abilities
1. Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to effectively resolve complex situations and issues
2. Experience leveraging analytical tools such as Qlikview, Tableau, and SQL preferred
3. Must be results oriented with the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
4 Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills with the ability to manage or lead multiple projects effectively
5.. Broad understanding of the insurance industry, its products, practices and operations a plus
6. Ability to analyze and interpret complex regulatory bulletins, circulars and data requests
7. Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact and build trusted relationships across different departments and all levels of management
8. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Access and PowerPoint) and other business-related systems
9. Strong data management skills such as engineering and data aggregation a plus.
Education and Experience
Typically requires a minimum of three to five years of related MIS analysis, development, and technical experience or equivalent work experience is a plus