AirDNA turns short-term rental data into strategic, actionable analytics. As the world's leading provider of short-term vacation rental data and analytics, we track the daily performance of over 10 million listings in 120,000 markets globally on Airbnb, Vrbo, and more.
Our machine learning algorithms have revolutionized the industry by deciphering true revenue potential and market demand based on booked, and not blocked, reservations. Airbnb hosts, vacation rental managers, hoteliers and real estate investors all rely on AirDNA’s vacation rental insights to optimize their listings, find lucrative properties, and outperform the competition.
AirDNA empowers our customers with the data to set them apart, and the insights to keep them ahead.
AirDNA is looking for a Senior Data Engineer to help us build a solid and scalable data infrastructure and analytical environment. The ideal candidate enjoys data wrangling, optimizing data pipelines, and building solutions for data collections and analysis in parallelized and scaled out environments. The AirDNA infrastructure currently processes billions of data points and hosts databases well into terabyte-size ranges, making this an interesting and challenging opportunity.
Here's what you'll get to do
- Build and extend data pipelines, written in Scala and running on Spark
- Tune Spark job performance
- Write clean, performant Scala code
- Work closely with our Product, Data Science and other Engineering teams to craft new products
- Contribute to Python and Scala-based microservices running on kubernetes
Here's what you'll need to be successful
- 5 or more years of experience in a Data Engineer role
- BS/BA in Computer Science
- Experience developing cloud based pipelines
- Strong experience with Spark
- Experience with Scala, and exposure to Python
- Experience with developing and deploying cloud-based data solutions
- Experience in any of the following is considered to be an asset: streaming technology such as Kafka or Google Pub/Sub, Databricks, AWS / GCP, Postgres, Protobuf, Snowflake or other Data Warehousing solutions, and Test Driven Development
- Ability to operate with strong ownership and independence
- AWS EMR, Athena, RDS (Postgres), Redshift, and S3
- Competitive cash compensation and benefits, the salary range for this position is $160,000 - $190,000 per year (for U.S. based candidates).
- Benefits include (for U.S. based candidates):
- Medical, dental, and vision packages to meet your needs
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it
- Remote, in-office or hybrid ok
- Quarterly team outings
- 401K with employer match up to 4%
- Continuing education stipend
- Daily in-office lunch
- We have a great office located just three blocks away from Union Station in the heart of Denver’s historic LoDo neighborhood–high ceilings, exposed brick, a fully stocked kitchen (snacks, espresso, etc.), and plenty of meeting rooms and brainstorming nooks
- Commuter/RTD benefit
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- New MacBooks for employees
Colorado Salary Statement: The salary range displayed in specifically for those potential hired who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for this role. Any offered salary is determined based on internal equity, internal salary ranges, market data/ranges, applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications.
The AirDNA Team
We're a tight-knit group who care about empowering the next generation of shared economy entrepreneurs. Life is never boring here. We're risk takers. We care about each other and lend helping hands all day, every day.
AirDNA seeks to attract the best-qualified candidates who support the mission, vision and values of the company and those who respect and promote excellence through diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, physical or mental disability, marital, familial or parental status, genetic information, military status, veteran status or any other legally protected classification. The company complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment and prohibits unlawful harassment based on any of the aforementioned protected classes at every location in which the company operates. This applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment including but not limited to: hiring, assessments, probation, placement, benefits, promotion, demotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, training and development, social and recreational programs, education assistance and retirement.
We are committed to making our application process and workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities. Upon request, AirDNA will reasonably accommodate applicants so they can participate in the application process unless doing so would create an undue hardship to AirDNA or a threat to these individuals, others in the workplace or the company as a whole. To request accommodation, please email [email protected]. Please allow for 24 hours to process your request.
Read Full Job Description