Bestow is the leading digital platform for life insurance. As both a direct-to-consumer destination and an infrastructure provider, Bestow is on a mission to make life insurance accessible to millions of underserved families.
We strive for work-life balance and believe happy employees make for better experiences and happier customers. It’s a model that helped us land the #2 spot on Forbes’ Best Startup Employers 2021 list!
We need a Senior Data Engineer to join our team! In this role, you will design and build data pipelines and warehouse solutions. You enjoy creating solutions applying the latest data technologies. You should also have a background in traditional ETL and data pipeline tools.
Bestow engineers are great teammates. You will be spending a significant portion of your time working with application and infrastructure engineers, as well as stakeholders across the company. You’ll be learning how the engineers to export and ingest data in order to determine optimal solutions for the stakeholders.
Your Day to Day:
Data Pipelines / ETL
Build robust solutions for transferring data from first and third-party applications to and from our data warehouse using Apache Airflow, and also designing a Kafka-based streaming ETL solution from the ground up to stream application data into the data warehouse with normalized structure;
Create data pipelines to and from internal and external sources while maintaining the quality of the data;
Create a framework for adding additional data sources, transformations, and destinations;
Work with Site Reliability Engineers to ensure continuous integration and automated deployment.
We leverage Google BigQuery as our data warehouse. You will help administer BigQuery and design schemas for effective data use. You'll also collaborate with team members to understand their data access use cases and design solutions;
Design schemas for efficient storage and query execution;
Evaluate the company’s production of data and transform it into a single source of truth in the data warehouse.
Open to Austin, TX, Dallas, TX or Remote (US) #LI-Remote
- 5+ years of data engineering expertise
- Strong proficiency with Python
- You know multi-source data ingestion into data warehouses
- Experience with columnar databases such as Google BigQuery or Amazon Redshift
- You are a wiz at relational databases such as PostgreSQL or MySQL
- You have worked with cloud hosting platforms like AWS or others (GCP preferred)
- Writing scripting languages such as Bash, Python or Ruby is part of your daily job
- Experience with distributed systems and microservices
- Bonus if you have experience with real-time data pipelines like Kafka
- Competitive salary
- Performance bonus
- Generous PTO
- Flexible schedule and work/life balance
- 100% company-paid health, dental, and vision insurance
- Choose your own computer setup (Mac or PC)
- Office snacks and weekly team lunches
- Team building events and activities
We value diversity at Bestow. We hire, recruit, and promote without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. We understand the importance of creating a safe and comfortable work environment and encourage individualism and authenticity in every member of our team.