Recurly, Inc. provides a versatile subscription management platform to manage the entire subscription lifecycle for market-leading brands worldwide. Subscription businesses such as Sling TV, BarkBox, FabFitFun, Cinemark and Fubo.tv depend on Recurly to harness the power of the subscription model and drive recurring revenue growth. Since its launch in 2009, Recurly has deployed subscription billing for thousands of companies across 42 countries. Our platform empowers billions of credit card transactions and has enabled customers to recover $450 million + in Revenue.
Recurly is backed by Accel-KKR, a leading technology-focused private equity firm with over $9 billion in capital commitments. The partnership offers Recurly access to significant capital and resources to make continued investments in technology and platform innovation and expand our go-to-market initiatives.
Headquartered in San Francisco, Recurly is hiring remotely across the US depending on role and experience.
Recurly’s Data Platform team is responsible for building a data platform to provide critical business insights to internal and external customers. The Data Platform team is responsible for a broad vision ranging from ingesting data from multiple sources, transforming data into a cohesive data warehouse, building out insightful reports, exporting data, and providing it from our internal application databases as well as external SaaS sources. We develop reporting functionality built with complex business logic involving large data sets and provide export capabilities that allow our merchants to access their data in a secure, reliable manner. As a Data Engineer, you will work closely with a team of engineers, QA and product owners to define and deliver a modern data platform.
We are looking for an energetic and dynamic Data Engineer to help build, maintain, and evolve our Data Platform. You will work with an existing team of experienced and ego-free Software Engineers to help ensure the continued success of our company and our engineering team during our rapid and international growth.
- Developing an accurate and performant data platform using cloud technologies
- Ingesting application data from RDBMS and NoSQL databases and putting it into a data lake
- Modeling internal application and external SaaS data into a cohesive data set
- Building new reporting functionality based on the warehouse
- Providing merchants access to their data and insights in novel and interesting ways
- Helping to define technical solutions, impacts and/or alternate approaches, and providing timeline estimates
- Active participation in requirements and solution design sessions
- Working to test, QA, analyze, and address issues with data and reports
- Positive participation in an agile software development methodology
- 5 years or more of software engineering experience
- Professional experience building ELT data platforms
- Understanding of data modeling
- SQL skills in transforming, modeling, and creating analytical reports
- Coding experience (python/java preferred)
- Substantial experience with SQL and relational databases
- Proactive communicator with outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, with a drive and capacity to build, launch, iterate, and learn under pressure
- Positive, solution-oriented, ego-free mindset
- Bonus for skills with Hadoop, Spark and other big data tools like Airflow and DBT
As a full-time employee, Recurly offers competitive benefits programs, perks and options designed to fit your needs and the needs of your family. We offer medical, dental and vision benefits and a menu from which to choose options that work best for you and eligible dependents. We also offer life insurance, short and long-term disability, hospital indemnity, critical illness coverage, employee accident protection, health savings account (HSA) with company contribution & flexible spending account (FSA) options, employee assistance program, Legal and Pet Insurance.
Other perks may include:
Optional remote or in office work
401(k) Retirement Plan and company match
Flex Time Off
Monthly internet stipend
Recurly is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, age, race, religion, or any other classification which is protected by applicable law. Recurly is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]
More Information on Recurly
Recurly operates in the Fintech industry. The company is located in San Francisco, CA. Recurly was founded in 2009. It has 270 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 21 open jobs at Recurly, click here.
Read Full Job Description