Senior Data Engineer at Moveworks (Peninsula)
The Moveworks Data Science and Engineering team is looking for an experienced and accomplished senior analytics engineer who will help us build the data foundation layer, new features, and solve complex analytical problems across our various product areas to increase customer engagement and drive more innovation in the product.
As we scale globally, there’s plenty of space for you to grow with us. You’ll be part of a team that thinks in terms of We, not I. Together, we're focused on simplifying the lives of 1 billion knowledge workers by giving them an effortless, magical way to resolve their issues, powered by AI. This role can be located in Mountain View, CA or Austin, TX.
Who we are
Moveworks is revolutionizing how companies support their employees — with the first AI platform that makes getting help at work effortless. Using advanced conversational AI built for the enterprise, Moveworks gives employees exactly what they need, from IT support to HR help to policy information. Our platform allows customers like DocuSign, Twitter, Snowflake, Instacart, Coca Cola, and Hearst to move forward on what matters.
Founded in 2016, Moveworks has raised $315 million in funding, at a valuation of $2.1 billion. We’ve been named to the Forbes AI 50 list for three consecutive years, while earning recognition as the Best Chatbot Solution at the 2021 AI Breakthrough Awards. Above all, we’ve built an AI company that puts people first, which is why Built In named Moveworks the #1 Best Place to Work in the Bay Area.
What you will do
- Be a strategic partner for the product and data science teams
- Own data logging end to end and build highly scalable and robust data pipelines and high-quality datasets for key business metrics
- Identify high-impact analytical problems and develop innovative data solutions to find product improvement opportunities to drive additional value for Moveworks customers
- Design solutions to improve data quality and detect anomalies to increase trust in data
- Collaborate on the creation of metrics to track product performance and develop high-impact dashboards to share product impact
- Design solutions with self-service in mind for business users
- Deliver effective presentations of findings and recommendations to multiple levels of stakeholders, by creating visualizations of quantitative information.
Who you are
- You have 7+ years of demonstrated success: driving, creating or pioneering the innovation of data methodologies
- You have led or directly influenced the improvement, change or questioning of legacy data processes and architectures with measurable results
- You are very strong in the following: SQL, programming skills (e.g. Python), data modeling, ETL, and data warehousing concepts, and data orchestration tools (e.g Airflow)
- You have familiarity with AWS, JSON, Github, Jupyter Notebooks
- You have working experience with Kafka, Snowflake, and Spark (good to have but not required)
- You are enthusiastic about innovating in a fast-paced data science team
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and able to thrive with minimal oversight and process
- You are an effective communicator, you pay attention to the finer details, and you empathize with customers and stakeholder and build meaningful relationships
- You are curious and bring genuine excitement to learn new subject areas and are comfortable to be scrappy as and when needed
- You don’t allow perfect to become the enemy of the good and thrive off of risk-taking in order to prove results