At Kalderos, we are building unifying technologies that bring transparency, trust, and equity to the entire healthcare community with a focus on pharmaceutical pricing. Our success is measured when we can empower all of healthcare to focus more on improving the health of people.
To learn more: https://www.kalderos.com/company/about
That success is driven by Kalderos’ greatest asset, our people. Our team thrives on the problems that we solve, is driven to innovate, and thrives on the feedback of their peers. Our team is passionate about what they do and we are looking for people to join our company and our mission.
That’s where you come in!
For the position, we’re looking for a collaborative organizational builder . Across all roles, we look for future team members who will live our values of Collaboration, Inspired, Steadfast, Courageous, and Excellence.
We’re a team of people striving for the best, so naturally, we want to hire the best! We know that job postings can be intimidating, and don’t expect any candidate to check off every box we have listed (though if you can, AWESOME!). We encourage you to apply if your experience matches about 70% of this posting.
- Work with product teams to understand and develop data models that can meet requirements and operationalize well
- Build out automated ETL jobs that reliably process large amounts of data, and ensure these jobs runs consistently and well
- Build tools that enable other data engineers to work more efficiently
- Try out new data storage and processing technologies in proof of concepts and make recommendations to the broader team
- Tune existing implementations to run more efficiently as they become bottlenecks, or migrate existing implementations to new paradigms as needed
- Learn and apply knowledge about the drug discount space, and become a subject matter expert for internal teams to draw upon
We know your experience extends beyond what you have on paper. The following is a guideline of general experience we’re looking for in this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or similar field
- 4+ years work experience as a Data Engineer in a professional full-time role
- Experience building ETL pipelines and other services for the healthcare industry
- Managing big data implementations – have worked on various implementations for how to scale vertically and horizontally data implementations that manage millions of records.
- Experience with dbt and Snowflake
- Professional experience in application programming with an object oriented language.
- Experience with streaming technologies such as Kafka or Event Hubs
- Experience in the healthcare or pharmaceutical industries
- Continuous growth and development: Annual continuing education stipend supporting all employees on their ongoing knowledge journey.
- Celebrating employee milestones: bi-annual stipend for all full-time employees to help you celebrate your exciting accomplishments throughout the year.
- Work From Home Reimbursement: quarterly funds provided through the pandemic to help ensure all employees have what they need to be productive and effective while working from home.
- A fair PTO system that allows for a healthy work-life balance. There’s no maximum, but there is a minimum; we want you to take breaks for yourself.
- 401K plan with a company match.
- Choose your own Technology: We’ll pay for your work computer.
- We thrive on collaboration, because we believe that all voices matter and we can only put our best work into the world when we work together to solve problems.
- We empower each other: from our DEI Council to affinity groups for underrepresented populations we believe in ensuring all voices are heard.
- We know the importance of feedback in individual and organizational growth and development, which is why we've embedded it into our practice and culture.
- We’re curious and go deep. Our slack channel is filled throughout the day with insightful articles, discussions around our industry, healthcare, and our book club is always bursting with questions.
To learn more: https://www.kalderos.com/company/culture
Kalderos is an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.
Due to the circumstances of the COVID-19 pandemic, Kalderos has decided to protect our current and future employees by allowing our employees to work remotely. We will continue to operate, interview, onboard, and work remotely and follow the guidance of local health authorities and the CDC relating to in-office work.