Karat’s purpose is to unlock opportunity, and we built the world’s first Interviewing Cloud to conduct predictive, fair, and enjoyable technical interviews 24/7. Karat helps companies expand interviewing capacity, unlock developer time, and raise engineering quality so they can hire smarter and grow faster, and create more opportunities for software engineers. From our industry-leading solutions to Karat’s Brilliant Black Minds program, the work we do here matters. We’re a team of passionate, focused, human-centric team, and we want you to join us!Come join our Data Engineering team
Our Data Engineering team is committed to partnering with stakeholders to build the infrastructure, reporting, and product features that power insights at Karat. We design and build the data foundation needed to make technical interviews more predictive. Working on the Data engineering team, you will shape the future for how we ingest, analyze, and talk about data as an organization.
Karat’s HQ is based in Seattle, Washington, but we are open to remote U.S.-based candidates for this role. Immigration sponsorship is available for this position.
As a Data Engineer at Karat, you will be responsible for designing and implementing solutions that best manage the flow of data between external sources and data warehouses, machine learning pipelines, and end-user facing reporting applications.What you will do
- Design, build, test, and maintain data solutions within Karat.
- Help manage our existing tech stack, composed of Postgres and Redshift databases, Airflow (for task orchestration), and Terraform (for infrastructure management).
- Build additional infrastructure as-needed for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data using SQL and AWS data technologies.
- Design, build and deploy efficient and reliable cloud-based data pipelines to move data across a number of platforms and disparate data sources.
- Build, test, monitor, and maintain data pipeline architectures.
- Develop algorithms that transform data into useful, actionable information.
- Collaborate with Software Engineers, Data Scientists, and Data Analysts to design, implement and scale our data processing and analysis platforms and tools.
- Ensure compliance with data governance and security policies.
- Support our engineering teams by reviewing code and designs.
- 5+ years of experience in data engineering, software engineering, machine learning, or other related roles
- Knowledge building data pipelines, conducting data analysis, and/or predictive analytics services
- Proficient with Python, Docker and job orchestration frameworks such as Apache Airflow
- Significant experience with relational databases; strong knowledge of SQL and data modeling best principles
- Experience with data visualization and presentation, familiar with data analytics and BI tools
- History working with relational and columnar databases and designing fact and dimension tables
- Experience creating services and APIs, as well as designing and implementing data warehouse systems and supporting infrastructure
- Hands-on experience with AWS or other cloud solutions
Karat strives to offer everything you need to best support you today, tomorrow, and beyond. We’re proud of our current offerings, and highlight some of our team’s favorites below. There are more, just feel free to ask!Compensation / Time Off:
- Highly competitive salary and stock options
- Generous paid PTO (see below) and Sick Leave (10 days per year)
- Flexible Time Off Policy for salaried positions
- Three weeks accrued per year for hourly positions
- Parental Leave (12 weeks paid with transition back to work in part-time capacity)
- 18 paid Company Holidays for 2021
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance via Cigna or Kaiser (for CA-based employees)
- 100% premium covered for employees
- 70% premium covered for dependents
- FSA, STD, LTD, Standard Life Insurance, and Optional Life Insurance
- Mental Wellness offerings such as Calm, Happify, Talkspace, Modern Health, and more
- $150 per month contribution to miscellaneous benefit/wellness of employee’s choice
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Karat.
We value a diverse workforce: people of color, womxn, and LGBTQIA+ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know at [email protected].