GlossGenius is building an ecosystem enabling entrepreneurs to succeed. We empower small business owners to focus on being creators, not admins, by offering a range of business management tools including booking and scheduling, marketing, analytics, payment processing and much more.
Tens of thousands of small business owners have chosen to rely on GlossGenius every day to run their entire set of business operations. With its powerful, intuitive platform, GlossGenius is some part a fintech company, some part an SMB software company, while its vibrant, distinguished brand makes it some part a consumer company.
About the Role
In this role, you'll have the opportunity to join GlossGenius as an early member of the Data Engineering team. You'll be meeting a distinct need and will be responsible for managing and driving data priorities forward -- making a large-scale impact across Engineering and Business functions.
What You’ll Do
- Work independently to drive forward GlossGenius' data priorities as the founding member of the company's data team (within the engineering team)
- Design, develop and maintain ETL platforms for various business use cases which are fault-tolerant, highly distributed, and robust.
- Work on structured, semi-structured data to put company data to business use. This will involve organizing the data (collecting, storing, processing)
- Analyze large sets of structured and semi-structured data for business analytics using cutting-edge and open source tools and techniques.
- Work with technical and non-technical team members to advise on data
- Integrate new sources of data required by the GlossGenius business team and ensure that data quality and warehouse structure remains very high
- Fully manage the data lake(Snowflake) and all of the data and structure within it
- Develop and create ways to share secure data shares with external partners
What We’re Looking For
- 3+ years experience in handling big data pipelines, data warehouses or in other data-related roles
- You understand large data sets and their application to business. You're comfortable as the data expert at a company and you're able to explain the business significance of every single field on every object.
- You have the ability to ingest large amounts of SQL and NoSQL data and ensure that the data is beautifully structured and formatted in the data warehouse in such a way that is consistent and easy to utilize and leverage and understand
- You're a querying expert!
- You're able to write scripts to move and manipulate data - Python is preferred but we are open to Golang
- You take large and complex projects and create clear prioritization and estimations around each task
- You enjoy working cross-functionally to answer questions and advise on the availability of data
- You're excited about having impact at a quickly-growing tech startup!
Benefits & Perks
- Flexible PTO
- Competitive health & dental insurance options, with premiums partially covered by GG
- Fertility and adoption benefits via Carrot and Kindbody
- Generous, fully-paid parental leave policy
- 401k benefit - employees are eligible to contribute starting day 1 of employment
- Professional Development - employees receive a yearly stipend for approved learning and educational-related expenses
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Dependent Care FSA
- Home office stipend
- Team Bonding opportunities - annual company retreat for entire team, plus virtual events throughout the year
In order to enter the NY office or participate in any in-person events, all employees must show proof of vaccination against COVID-19. For those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated, GlossGenius will engage in an interactive process to determine a reasonable accommodation.
At GlossGenius, we celebrate our differences and are committed to creating a workplace where all employees feel supported and empowered to do their best work. We believe this benefits not only our employees but our product, customers, and community as well. GlossGenius is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.