PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Please Note: This opportunity is available for remote work. The Hiring Manager is based in San Diego, CA, and working hours for this role will align with PDT.
Do you have strong technical abilities, outstanding communication skills and can be an inspiration to your team to achieve outstanding results? We are looking for an experienced Software Data Engineer to help lead development and operations for our real time data analytic platform that will be used for our next generation console, PlayStation 5!Responsibilities
- You will play a senior role in design, build, deploy, and support software for our Real Time Data Analytics Platform
- You will be part of a team building streaming pipeline solutions to reshape data and ingest into the platform in near real time
- This position requires extensive hands-on technical domain expertise in data infrastructure within the AWS ecosystem
- You will participate in product road-map discussions and identify key areas for improvements for the analytics and visualization platform
- Mentor junior engineers to ensure we all deliver awesome!
- BS Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience in software development, design and analysis using Scala, Java, or Python
- Strong experience with Scala programming (concepts such as futures, pattern matching, traits, concurrent, DAO etc. Not limited to scala on spark)
- Strong foundation in data engineering, data structures and software design
- Experience with big data analytics and visualization, experience with Imply preferred
- Experience with real time data streaming technologies such as Kafka, Kinesis - Prior experience in creating kafka producer/consumer code in scala/java to move/transform data in real time
- Experience with OLAP/MOLAP database technologies such as Apache Druid, Pinot, Clickhouse
- Experience delivering high performance, active-active, scalable services
- Experience with container technologies, such as Docker, Kubernetes, AWS EKS
- Hands-on experience in cloud-based web services, at enterprise scale, AWS is preferable
- Possess the drive and passion for quality with the ability to inspire, excite and motivate other team members
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and be able to work with others at all levels, effective at working with geographically remote and culturally diverse teams
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.