Senior Data Engineer at Apex Fintech Solutions (Dallas, TX)
WHO WE ARE
Apex Fintech Solutions (AFS) powers innovation and the future of digital wealth management by processing millions of transactions daily, to simplify, automate, and facilitate access to financial markets for all. Our robust suite of fintech solutions enables us to support clients such as Stash, Betterment, SoFi, and WeBull, and more than 20 million of our clients' customers.
Collectively, AFS creates an environment in which companies with the biggest ideas in fintech are empowered to change the world. We are based in Dallas, TX and also have offices in Austin, New York, Chicago, Portland, and Belfast.
If you are seeking a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment where you'll have the opportunity to make an immediate impact, and you have the guts to change everything, this is the place for you.
AFS has received a number of prestigious industry awards, including:
- 2021, 2020, 2019, and 2018 Best Wealth Management Company - presented by Fintech Breakthrough Awards
- 2021 Most Innovative Companies - presented by Fast Company
- 2021 Best API & Best Trading Technology - presented by Global Fintech Awards
ABOUT THIS ROLE
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to help us create solutions that modernize the data platform of traditional financial services industry. You will design, develop, deploy, and maintain real-time databases, data warehouse, and reports that will be the foundation of the new data platform. Working alongside experienced engineers and product managers, you will build this exciting platform that will simplify, automate, and facilitate access to financial data for internal and external clients.
The role is for someone who is passionate about applying modern technology to replace monolithic and hard-to-access incumbent systems. Along the way, you'll learn about the problem space and re-imagine existing solutions. As a Senior Data Engineer on the Data team, you'll get the opportunity to develop your skills and collaborate across Apex teams in a dynamic environment. You will work closely with our technical leads to build secure, scalable solutions for operational, reporting, and analytical data needs. Using GCP services, you'll help design and implement next generation data platform responsible for data analysis, modeling, loading, transformations and building data ingestion pipelines. You will coordinate builds using continuous integration pipelines and prepare for deployment to GCP using containers.
What you'll do all day:
- Design, develop, deploy, and maintain the transactional and analytical databases for the platform
- Think through hard data problems and solve them for the enterprise
- Develop and maintain a clean and consistent database and reporting environment for both internal applications and external client applications
- Write self-documenting and well-tested code with an emphasis on sustainable development practices
- Work as a part of small, productive development team that puts an emphasis on code quality, peer reviews and strong engineering practices
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field required
- Overall 5+ years of software development experience with 2+ years of experience in cloud technologies
- Strong SQL knowledge and hands-on experience with transactional and relational databases
- Strong Python programming skills
- Proven experience implementing data solutions in cloud using ETL tools for batch and real time ingestion
- Professional experience with data modeling and data warehousing
- Data quality mind set and knowledge of techniques to ensure data quality
- Proven ability to build reliable software that is scalable and performant
- Experience with automated testing and integrated tests
- Experience building and deploying applications using continuous integration pipelines and automated deployment tools
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
- Passionate and open to learning new tools and developing with the latest technologies and frameworks
- Proven analytical, communication, and organizational skills
#IT #associate #full-time
We offer a robust package of employee perks and benefits, including healthcare benefits (medical, dental and vision, EAP), competitive PTO, 401k match, parental leave, and HSA contribution match. We also provide our employees with a paid subscription to the Calm app and offer generous external learning and tuition reimbursement benefits. At AFS, we offer a hybrid work schedule for most roles that allows employees to have the flexibility of working from home and one of our primary offices.
AFS is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, natural or protective hairstyle, genetics, disability, age, or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law.