Senior Data Engineer at Lunchbox Technologies (Atlanta, GA)
What We Are
We’re a collection of enterprise solutions that redefine the digital restaurant experience. You might find us a little biased, but not in this category; we’re committed and unwavering to our mission and initiatives — all day and every day. You can’t put us in a box because we’re the whole package. We’re an exceedingly savvy team of tech and food enthusiasts. We help build out performance tools to drive guests to restaurants — and only restaurants!
Lunchbox is for restaurateurs, by restaurateurs, and we’re shouting that from the rooftops! We’re led by food people who care. Our team has won some fun culture awards and you can find us in the press. We regularly launch stuff that helps the industry and we’re not afraid to roll up our sleeves and get dirty.
What You’ll Do
- Translate business and functional requirements into robust, scalable, operable solutions with a flexible and adaptable data architecture
- Implement data ingestion routines in both real-time and batch using best practices in data modeling and ETL/ELT processes
- Design and implement data microservices to feed Lunchbox products (online ordering, admin, customer engagement platform, etc.)
- Monitor and improve data warehouse and database performance
- Collaborate with engineers to help adopt best practices in data system creation, data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
- Perform security assessments of the database systems and make required adjustments to eliminate database vulnerabilities.
- Use profiling tools, debugging logs, performance metrics, and other data sources to make code and application-level improvements.
What We’re Looking For
- 4+ years experience in data engineering
- 1+ years experience backend engineering
- Experience with Python, AWS (ECS, DMS, Lambda), SQL, MQL, and MongoDB
- Experience with Go a plus
- Experience with Node.js a plus
- Proficient in database modeling, designing efficient data structures and database schemas
- Proficient with data wrangling to answer analytical questions
- Proficient in database performance analysis and tuning
- Experience with operating high-availability systems
- Experience with Snowflake highly desirable
- Experience with DBT highly desirable
Think you have what it takes, but not sure you check every box? Apply to the role anyway!
- We provide learning and development opportunities to help you grow and thrive at Lunchbox.
- Diversity comes from the top. We’re a team of all-ages BIPOC & working parents.
- We host fun and social virtual events (like book club meetings, team happy hours, and company-wide talent shows) that help you stay connected with the entire team.
- The opportunity to work with a welcoming and collaborative team of industry disruptors!
- We raised the largest Series A in FoodTech ($22 million) and most recently raised a $50 million Series B, led by Coatue.
Some Awesome Benefits:
- Competitive salary and equity packages.
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, and vision).
- Online mental health therapy — we make wellness a priority!
- Unlimited PTO from day one and paid leave for all new parents.
- A WFH stipend, monthly wellness allowance, and amazing Lunchbox merchandise.
- The coolest perk ever — we’ll pay for any food-related tattoo!
Lunchbox’s biggest asset is our people. We work to shape an equitable and inclusive culture that amplifies voices, fuels performance, and collaboration, and fosters a sense of trust and belonging for all. We know that similar to the restaurant industry that we serve, different views and experiences are advantages and help us drive better business. We strive for the awareness, education, celebration, and recognition of not only our people but for diversity, inclusion, and equity across our organization.
Lunchbox is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. This means we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.