Rue Gilt Groupe is seeking an experienced Senior Data Engineer to join the Data Warehousing team. The ideal candidate must have a passion for data and building solutions that allow our business units to retrieve information and discover insights with ease and agility. Data Warehousing at Rue utilizes cutting edge technology to empower business use cases. We use Snowflake – a cloud based data warehousing solution in addition to Oracle systems and are looking for a candidate who has a passion for technology to solve complex business problems. As a Senior Data Engineer, your creativity and strong foundation places you at the intersection of data, design and analysis - the sweet spot to promote the wisdom hidden inside a treasure trove of data.
Simon Premium Outlets (SPO) has joined forces with ecommerce powerhouse, Rue Gilt Groupe, to deliver an elite digital marketplace outlet experience. Shop Premium Outlets shoppers delight in special offers & curated assortments from the brands they love - always on sale, all in one place.
What You Will Accomplish:
- Work directly with internal customers across multiple departments (at all levels) including marketing, planning, merchandising and engineering, Product Managers and Lead Engineers to identify data requirements for solving complex business needs and discover new areas of innovation
- Provide elegant data designs that scale for our users
- Develop and maintain logical and physical data models
- Design and build-out ODS, staging, data warehouse, and analytic databases
- QA datasets for correctness & completeness and troubleshoot data inconsistencies across data sources.
- Provide intelligent and clear answers to ad hoc business questions.
- Develop using SQL for Oracle and Snowflake (cloud) databases.
- Work hard, be nice, and laugh when you can.
At Rue Gilt Groupe, diversity enriches our passion, collaboration, kindness and innovation. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every Associate is empowered to learn, grow and bring their full self to work. Even if you don't check off every qualification in the job description, that's okay. We encourage you to apply to any role that excites you and sparks delight! We can't wait to learn more about you.
- Superior communication skills. You are able to communicate effectively to users with different backgrounds and technical skills
- 4+ years of data engineering required
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Math or Engineering preferred
- Advanced SQL writing skills
- Strong knowledge of data warehousing fundamentals
- Analytical chops - you can find the needle in the haystack AND the forest in the trees
- Strong scripting chops preferably using Python
- Experience working with cloud technologies
- Cloud technology exposure
- Agile methodology, fast paced software environment
About the Team
The data team is made up of a cross section of BI engineers, data warehouse engineers, a senior product manager and a lead engineer. They are extremely collaborative and agile. They synthesize data that helps the business make critical decisions on a daily basis.
Important COVID-19 Guidance (for candidates applying to roles in our MA, NY and CA offices): Per Rue Gilt Groupe’s policy, all associates who will work at our MA, NY or CA offices must be fully-vaccinated and proof of vaccination will be required
Rue Gilt Groupe is a leading off-price e-commerce portfolio company, connecting the next-generation shopper to world-class brands. We’ve defined the online treasure hunt through our daily sale events allowing a large, loyal member base to discover over 5,000 premium and luxury brands at prices up to 70% off full-price retail.
Rue Gilt Groupe operates three complementary sites – Rue La La, Gilt, and Shop Premium Outlets.
Our vision at RGG is to spark delight through daily discovery – we make shopping an occasion to celebrate. At the forefront of fashion and technology, we’re also in the business of sparking delight for our Associates. We inspire each other, our Members, and ourselves to push past the expected – every day. Our culture is rooted in our values and together we work to demonstrate being Kind, Passionate, Collaborative, Innovative, Tenacious and Empowered