At Epsilon, we do more than collect and store data. We help some of the world's biggest brands discover real opportunities inside the data types, delimiters, and decimals.
We're looking for an experienced Senior Data Engineer to help us evolve our data exploration and data science platforms. In this role, you will use best-in-class engineering approaches and secure data management practices to transform the way the world's biggest brands talk to their customers-by helping them deliver personalized digital experiences that people actually like.
Better yet, we're growing fast, which means you can too. From learning new technologies to collaborating with some of the brightest-and kindest-people in the world, there's a lot to love about a career with us. Join a team where you're empowered to do epic things and unleash your full potential.
What you'll do:
- Architect, build and maintain new product features and data solutions.
- Mentor others and champion best practices across various coding projects.
- Expand and optimize data workflows, infrastructure, APIs, and data pipelines.
- Use Agile and DevOps methodologies, including test-driven development, continuous integration and continuous deployment.
- Use engineering and data best practices to ensure data quality and robust test cases.
- Think automation first!
- You are passionate about learning new things
- You proactively communicate and troubleshoot any issues that may come up
- You like to bring out the best in yourself and others
- You can quickly define and prioritize multiple technical projects
What you'll bring:
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- 4+ years hands-on experience with data engineering software.
- Development expertise using Scala and Spark is required.
- Strong understanding of cloud services in AWS.
- Expertise in relational databases using SQL and Postgres.
- Experience using automation tools like Jenkins, Ansible and Git.
- Experience working with containers in Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience working in Python is a plus.
When you're one of us, you get to run with the best. For decades, we've been helping marketers from the world's top brands personalize experiences for millions of people with our cutting-edge technology, solutions and services. Epsilon's best-in-class identity gives brands a clear, privacy-safe view of their customers, which they can use across our suite of digital media, messaging and loyalty solutions. We process 400+ billion consumer actions each day and hold many patents of proprietary technology, including real-time modeling languages and consumer privacy advancements. Thanks to the work of every employee, Epsilon has been consistently recognized as industry-leading by Forrester, Adweek and the MRC. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with more than 8,000 employees around the world. Check out a few of these resources to learn more about what makes Epsilon so EPIC:
- Culture: https://www.epsilon.com/us/about-us/our-culture-epsilon
- DE&I: https://www.epsilon.com/us/about-us/diversity-equity-inclusion
- CSR: https://www.epsilon.com/us/about-us/corporate-social-responsibility
- Life at Epsilon: https://www.epsilon.com/us/about-us/epic-blog
Great People Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career.
Epsilon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Epsilon's policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on actual or perceived race, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy), marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, religion, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Epsilon also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Epsilon will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.
For San Francisco Bay and Los Angeles Areas: Epsilon will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901-4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Applicants with criminal histories are welcome to apply.